17.5

Jacob wears his heart on his sleeve and his emotions plastered all over his face. Always has, always will. When he wanted Bella to notice him, he had that big, goofy grin on his face. When she ran off with Edward, he looked visibly devastated. Nothing had changed much in between besides his fixation. 

However, Edward had definitely changed since Bella. He was more vocal, more willing to tell someone exactly what he thought. He wasn't aggressive, just straightforward. So, when he takes his time making it over to the bed and quietly makes himself comfortable behind Jacob, Jacob is very much aware that something is wrong.

"What is it?" His voice sounds just as tired as he feels. Though, even in his tired, cautious state, he presses back into Edward and lets himself be enveloped in Edward's arms. The baby had calmed down, only kicking every now and then, as soon as he got a hint of Edward's scent. Now, the baby had gone completely still under Edward's hands and Jacob tries not to feel annoyed at that.

Edward places a little peck on his shoulder and Jacob can already feel the dread washing over him.

"I'm going to have to leave again, few more days," he whispers quietly and Jacob can feel his shoulders trying to tense up, "I need to make a few more friends."

Ones that can tell him where Bella is heading at any given moment.

Jacob understands, but he likes it even less than he had the first time. A few more days. He can feel his shoulders droop. He'd barely held it together the first time. Hell, he wasn't even sure what he'd done was necessarily "holding it together". He'd literally cried in front of the entire household.

Edward nuzzles himself into the crook of Jacob's neck and settles there for a moment, waiting for Jacob to respond.

What was there to say?

"Right." 

Same answer as last time. Though, this time it came out a little shaky. He knew what he was up against now and he wasn't a very big fan. He couldn't even feign stability when Edward was gone

– and as much as he thought he didn't understand it, there was something nagging at him.

It only took him way too long to realize what was happening, the answer to why he was so...helpless when Edward was gone. 

Edward breathes in Jacob's scent, nose pressed close to his neck and Jacob can't help but shiver. He doesn't even realize the noises that he's making before it's too late and Edward's taking him up on it. He moves further up Jacob's neck before he twists so he can kiss him on the lips. 

When they pull away, Edward lets out a little hum.

"Missed you." He lets Jacob know followed by another quick peck on the lips.

Good to know he wasn't the only one, at least. He'd like to believe that maybe Edward reacted at least half as strongly as Jacob had. Maybe he'd even wistfully looked at some ugly photo that he'd snapped of Jacob for a second or two. He's happy that Edward's happy to see him. 

Jacob, on the other hand, his heart feels like it's about to fly out of his chest. It's not that he's afraid that something is going to be different about Edward after just two days. That would be ridiculous. It was that he knew something had changed after two days for him. That coupled with the knowledge that Edward was leaving again, and he felt like all of the oxygen was being sucked out of the room.

Apparently, Edward notices as well, as he goes from soft and blissful to concerned and intense in about 0.5 seconds after really looking at Jacob. 

"Jake, are you alright?"

"Mark me," Is all Jacob manages to splutter out in his flustered state, "please." 

Edward lays there beside him staring down at him for what feels like five minutes, but it was probably about five seconds.

"You want me to-?" Edward starts and then stops as he stares down at Jacob like he's grown a second head.

Jacob's breathing has gotten a bit heavier, eyes a little more unfocused.

"Maybe we should just wait a little. See if you still feel like it in a couple of days-" Edward begins, voice soft and reassuring before he immediately stops at the look he sees on Jacob's face.

Jacob looks upset. However, it's not the expression that Edward is used to seeing. His brows usually furrow a bit and he has this scowl on his face. This expression was very, very new and Edward wished that he'd just not said anything. 

"You don't want to anymore?" The sound of it makes Edward wish that he'd know when to shut the fuck up and just go with it. It sounds like it's lodged in his throat. His eyes are wide and he can see tears brimming. His bottom lip is trembling ever so slightly but he looks like he's trying his hardest not to cry. 

"Hey, no, I want to. I just - a couple of days ago, you didn't want to." He reluctantly reminds Jacob, who immediately scowls at him. Edward's never felt happier to see that expression on his face. Something he knew how to handle.

"I changed my mind." Jacob says bluntly. 

"Right." Edward decides to just go with it. 

He's not sure what had changed Jacob's mind, but he's not sure it really matters either.

"Okay," he huffs out, hands instinctively going to tug at Jacob's pajama bottoms. His nose finds its way back into its favorite spot and this time he runs his teeth over it experimentally. 

The reaction he got was unlike any he'd gotten previously, a high-pitched whine.

Edward decides that fucking him on his side would be for the best. 

The sex is...it feels a little different. He's not sure if it's the anticipation or the adrenaline or maybe it's the way one of Jacob's hand is clamped down one of Edward's pressing it to the swell of his belly. Either way, it feels like he's finally breathing fresh air for the first time. 

Jacob is louder this time around. Seemingly unashamed of the fact the he was indeed enjoying himself and Edward couldn't help the smirk that graces his face at the ruckus downstairs.

Eventually, Jacob's trying to say something of substance, and after a few loud whines and outright elbowing Edward in the chest, Edward realizes that he's trying to indicate that he's about to come. He brushes his lips over the spot he's chosen once as a warning before biting down as hard as he can into Jacob's shoulder.

Jacob comes with a very loud, potentially deafening scream and he's sure that no amount of lying is going to convince him that no one heard him.  

Right now, though, right now he doesn't really seem to care as he rolls over on his back so he can grab some part of Edward and bring him down into a kiss.