MISHAPS

S T E V I E  P O V

Admired myself in the mirror with a huge smile, as mum ensures my hair is flowing right. 

Can't believe I'm getting married to Dominic Davenport, the guy who showed me love and stole my heart.

Turn to face mum who looks amazing in her lilac suit dress, "Stevie, you are stunning, I have no words. You are beautiful and welcome to the family," She hugs me and we shred a few tears. "You got me all emotional," She adds.

Take her hand as I glimpsed in the mirror one last time, "Mum, you made me look amazing and you are exquisite," I said smiling and gushing with excitement. "This old thing." She said and winks, "To be honest, it's new, I was going to wear it on the big day." She tells me as she fiddles with my hair.

Take a deep breath to step into the bathroom to collect the flowers. But when I picked them up, I knocked the open shampoo, and it went everywhere.

Glanced at the elegant white lace dress I'm in, and it's covered in shampoo. Fling my hands in the air, not believing what happened.

My eyes well and fill with tears as I turn to face mum for her help, "Stevie, don't cry, we have a back-up plan." She steps back to the dress cover and takes out the dress I was going to wear home.

It's similar to the dress I'm in, but it's not long, it's knee-length and still very elegant. "Climb outta that one and slide this one on, and we will leave before anything else happens," Mum said as I step towards her.

She helps me slide from one dress and into the other and puts my hair right, smiles, cups my cheeks. "There, it's all done now, let's leave," So demanding, just like Dominic.

*********  

Arrived at the small chapel to observe Dominic and his brother laughing at their father. But when he turned to face me, his expression glowed and his eyes showed so much love.

He steps towards me, takes my hand, not allowing a gap between us. "Stevie, you knocked the breath right out of me, and I'm speechless. You are beautiful, sexy, and I can't wait for you to be my wife." He cups my cheeks, leans towards me for a kiss, but our heads collide.

Slapped my head, and he laughs, and we try again, but we are interrupted by our names being called. 

Nothing is going right for me at the moment, "Dominic, you look sexy." He smiles and we enter the Chapel with his parents and Tyrone.

Stood at the altar lost in a gaze into his deep blue eyes, the way they swirl with oceans of love. Not taking my eyes from him and not paying attention to the vicar reading when he calls my name.

Dominic smiles, showing his dimples and his good-looks, "Stevie." He whispered, bringing me out of my thoughts. "Yes, I do," I said as we held hands and I'm in a dream-like state. 

Have no idea what the hell is going on, but my words just come out and Dominic shakes his head. "We haven't come to that part. He wants to know if you are sure what you are doing is right," Bowed my head in embarrassment and nod.

Could I be any more nervous than I already am, and now I embarrass myself too?

Turn to face the vicar, "Yes, I'm sure." He smiles and carries on reading, then came the part I needed to speak. "I do," Smiled and bite my lip as Dominic gazed deep into my eyes. "I do," He said, and we exchange rings.

We said the traditional vows, and he pronounced us husband and wife.

Dominic takes my bouquet from me to hand to Tyrone and kissed me, "Mrs Davenport, you are now my wife." His sweet tone gives me hope that everything will be all right.