Chapter 12: France

Kai looked over and smiled then waved. Even though I'm positive he was waving at me, Rylie, and Kylie, some of the other girls fell over and fainted. For a moment or two, Kai had nothing to say. Finally he mouthed to me Are they okay? I bent down to all the girls to check their pulse then I got up again and mouthed back, I'm pretty sure they're fine. Kai smiled and put his thumbs up. Some more girls must've thought he was motioning to them and they fainted too. Fortunately Kai missed that part.
Soon Ms. Misty had gathered all the girls and quieted us down again. Me and the twins swam down the hall in silence, not for a certain reason but just because there was nothing to talk about. Unlike all the other girls who were talking about how cute Kai looked and thinking about maybe talking to him. I don't think anyone knew that I was roommates with him. Rylie swam up to me and said way more loudly then I would have liked," Isn't it funny that you're roommates with Kai and everyones saying they want to talk to him!" All the girls stopped and turned around they all looked blank at first then they all laughed except for Kylie and Rylie. Then Rylie spoke up," I'm being serious! Isn't that right, Zayana?" The girls stopped laughing and kept swimming but then I heard them whispering stuff like," Do you think she's being serious?" " I think she's lying just to get attention, she's new you know," " I'm confused I thought they put merpeople together if they're the same gender." " Shellysa, your always confused." Then I spoke up," Rylie wasn't lying, she was telling the truth and if you don't believe me ask Kylie. Kai's her brother and she's my friend." All the girls looked at Kylie and one of the girls who had a complexion of beautiful light brown skin with a pink tail and brown eyes with pink hair in a braid said," So is it true, are you related to Kai? And is Zayana, I think her name is called, telling the truth?" She had a French accent and I wondered if she was taken from her home or swam all the way here. Living in Florida, I had never met anyone with any type of accent. Kylie looked at me and then at Rylie and then at the rest of the girls and said," Yes." All the girls went back to silence and they all stared at me for a long time until Ms. Misty shouted from the other side of the hall," Girls! Hurry now! We don't want to be late." All the girls moved and I swam ahead to the pink-haired girl and said," I'm Zayana, what's your name?" The pink-haired girl said in her French accent," Nice to meet you Zayana. Je m'appelle Atlantic, I'm from Paris, France. Are you from around here?" She asked," Not really." I smiled," If you wouldn't mind maybe we could be friends?" I asked she beamed," Oui." Umm, what? I'm sorry I didn't study French as well as Spanish. " Oui?" Atlantic caught on," Yes, yes I do want to be friends with you."