Chapter 27

Don't forget to vote!

Axarii's POV

After Christina and I finished our chat. With Xavier still in our conversation, giving me no personal space, we went to go look for the kids.

It didn't take that long for us to find them, they were running around outside with Delilah chasing after them, Ivory watching while she sat on the bench. She didn't seem to notice us until I sat next to her.

"Oh my goodness! You're back!" She exclaimed excitingly. I smiled at her in response, her soon pulling me towards her for a brief hug.

"How are you?" She asked, the tone of her voice telling me that she already knew what went down the other night. I bet Xavier had something to do with that. Or he told Christina who then told her.

"I've been better." Was all I could say at the moment.

Ivory nodded her head in response, sadness written all over her face. Christina excused herself before she went over to check up on her grandchildren.

"So... you don't have to but if you don't mind, could you tell me everything that went down?" She asked me. Although I didn't feel like explaining what happened at that club again I told her anyway.

After I finished telling her just about everything I could tell she was beginning to get upset. "I just don't understand... even if he did all of that because of his hatred towards my stupid brother, that still doesn't give him the right to do that to you. He knew how much you guys loved each other yet that still didn't stop him, how cruel!" She said, ignoring the fact that Xavier was right behind her.

"Ouch! Why did you do that?" She hissed out when he smacked the back of her head.

"Don't start calling me stupid as if you the smartest person in the world." He replied back.

Ivory then snorted before saying, "Well at least I'm smart enough to ask questions before going off and divorcing people for shit that's obviously fake."

I ended up choking on my spit as I tried stopping myself from laughing but it was too late. I honestly was not expecting that from her but how can I be so surprised? This is Ivory that we're talking about.

"Too bad we're still married." Of course he had to bring that up.

"Wait what?" Ivory asked, looking between the two of us in confusion.

"That's exactly what I said... apparently the divorce papers got shredded up by that dear best friend of his." I told her.

A small laugh escaped from me when she groaned out loudly. "That fucking bastard.. I swear I'm gonna kill him the next time I see him."

"Oh yeah, and guess what else she did?" Xavier asked all of a sudden, motioning towards me. What is he going on about now?

"Axarii thought it'd be nice to make out with her boss. Who's also Grayson fucking Santiago." He said, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Are you serious right now? Why does it even-" I began.

"Holy shit! You got to make out with him? Oh man you're one lucky bitch. Grayson is fine as hell." I stared at her in shock. What happened to the sweet little Ivory before I left?

"Ivory-" before Xavier could finish what he was about to say she held up a hand, stopping him.

"Don't even start. I don't care about the rivalry between his and our family. That shit was between his and our dad, we're not about to pass this down the family line as if it's some winning award!" She told him, him sighing out in annoyance.