⁰⁰⁹ motion sickness

❝ i wasn't thinking straight ! ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"I'D HAVE TAKEN HIM MYSELF IF HE WEREN'T SO BLOODY PROUD." ron mumbled irritably, as the two boys stepped down the stairs.

"who?" maeve asked, seeming as if she popped out of nowhere.

"erm, don't worry." ron shook his head. "just hermione. did she tell you about her little 'date' with whoeve— woah, maeve. you look great."

"thanks, ron." maeve smiled graciously, nodding to him. "and yes, she did tell me about her date. although i don't think it requires quotation marks."

"blimey, you do look amazing—" harry smiled.

"thank you, harold." she took his arm. "shall we?"

"ron, don't you look. . ." padma approached them after her sister began in a different direction, arm looped with lavender's. ". . .dashing?"

"oh, there you are, potter!" professor mcgonnagall rushed over. "are you and miss foster ready?"

"ready', professor?" harry repeated with confusion.

"to dance! it's traditional that the three champions— well in this case, four— are the first to dance! surely i told you that?"

"er, no." he shook his head.

"oh, uh— well, now you know." she nodded hurriedly, turning to look ron up and down with great perplexity. "oh. . ." she examined his strange-looking robes. "as for you, mr weasley, you may proceed into the great hall with miss patil."

"come on, then. . ." the red-headed boy mumbled unenthusiastically, leading her into the hall.

harry was facing the entrance aswell, watching cedric and cho with glossy, admiring eyes. professor mcgonnagall was instructing them, levi, and fleur of what to do.

"she looks beautiful. . ." parvati whispered, her gaze pointed in the direction of the staircase.

"yeah, he does..." harry mumbled softly, although upon realising they weren't staring at who he was staring at, him, maeve and lavender spun their heads around to see hermione at the foot of the staircase, elegantly gliding down them, a small smile spread across her lips.

maeve thought the angels were singing in her ears as she watched the gryffindor enter, her hair tied in a loose bun at the back of her head, her golden-brown curls decorating her shoulder.

she thought it was impossible for her to look even better than she had in gladrag's, but she did. she looked gorgeous. her dress flowed down the sides of her, and lightly and barely dragged along the floor. she held the nervous smile as she went, her cheeks rosy from either anxiousness, or a blush from the amount of stares she was getting.