Last Phase

Steve looked through his binoculars at the building in front of him. There were armed guards all around the perimeter telling him this must have been the right place. This must be where Abbott was keeping you.

"You're tracking spell worked Loki," he spoke into the comms. "This is the place."

"Too bad Strange didn't stick around," Tony commented.

Offended, Loki sneered at him, "He served his purpose; there was no reason for him to stick around after I finished the tracking spell."

"Do not let your pride drive away possible allies, brother," Thor warned him.

Natasha shushed them and forced the god of thunder to crouch lower behind the bushes they were all hiding in. "The whole purpose of stealth is not to be detected. You guys are drawing too much attention."

"Then we better act while we have the upper hand." Steve spoke into his comms, communicating with the rest of the team, "Move out."

"Got it, Cap," Sam replied.

Trying to maintain the element of surprise the team approached cautiously. They took out the majority of the guards and hadn't raised any alarms yet. Once inside, they regrouped into a large room.

"This feels too easy," Bucky told them. "This place isn't as heavily guarded as it should be."

"He's right," Natasha agreed. "I think this is a trap."

"You are correct, Ms. Romanoff." Abbott's voice could be heard coming from the speakers all around the building. "I knew it was a matter of time before you came looking for him. Too bad you're too late."

Thick metal doors blocked their exits before anyone could turn back. Thor tried to break them down with his hammer, but it simply bounced off them.

"They're reinforced with vibranium," Abbott said, sounding amused. "You can try to knock them down all day; it won't do much good."

"Where's (Y/N)!" Tony shouted, readying his repulsors. "What did you do with him?"

"He's fine. In fact, he's never been better."

"We don't believe you," Bucky told him.

"See for yourself."

One of the doors opened allowing you to walk through. There was a mix of relief and concern as the Avengers looked at you. You seemed physically fine, with no visible wounds, but your demeanor was off. You wore a serious, almost blank, expression on your face. You weren't as feral as they had last seen you, instead you were disturbingly calm. You were wearing a tactical suit, similar to the one Tony had made you, but your signature claw marks were replaced with the Hydra insignia.

"(Y/N)? Is that you?" Natasha called out. You stared at her coldly, not a trace of familiarity in your eyes. "What did they do to you?"

"They wiped him," Bucky said, recognizing the look in your eyes. "They wiped his memories, everything. He's not our (Y/N) anymore."

"Maybe we can knock him out of it," Tony suggested. He stepped out of his suit and walked towards you. Steve tried to stop him, but the genius was already standing two feet away from you.

"Come on, (L/N). You got to remember me. We're like best buds." Again you do nothing but stare until Tony pats you on the shoulder. That seems to trigger something because you grab his arm and twist it behind him. He grunts in pain as you then push him away from you.

Sam and Clint helped Tony back to his feet as they pulled him away from you. Everyone was put off by your display of aggression and went on the defensive.

Tony got back into his suit where he was safer. "I was wrong."

Bucky stepped up putting his hands up so that you could see they were empty. "(Y/N), I know you're still in there. Whatever they did can't take away all of you."

"The Winter Soldier," Abbott mocked. "A relic of Hydra's past. I must commend you; you lead Hydra into its golden age."

"That's not me anymore."

"Of course not; you were defective. It was only a matter of time before you bit the hand that fed you."

"(Y/N) saw you as a father," Steve said, stepping up next to his friend. "He used to trust you and-"

Abbott laughed. "Spare me the speech, Captain. Appealing to my humanity won't work."

"(Y/N) wasn't built for this," Bucky told him. "You didn't raise him to be a machine like I was. You allowed him free will. You allowed him to have a personality, opinions, and thoughts. You wanted more for him and he knew that."

His words angered the doctor. "I did! He could have been so much more, but you all forced my hand! You all turned him against me!"

"You did that yourself!" Tony shouted.

Tired of speaking with them, Abbott directed his words towards you. "Kill them."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
A/N: Just want to say thanks to everyone who read the first chapter of this fic and decided to give the rest of it a shot. I recently reread some of the older chapters and I couldn't help but cringe every few sentences lol. Hopefully the recent chapters have made up for it.