Shattered | Calista_Evangeline

BLURB:

BLURB:

New town, new apartment, new job, new friends. Kadence was finally ready to start a new, peaceful life after the tragic accident that happened two years ago.

Just when Kadence thought that everything was going perfect with her life and nothing could go wrong now, she meets a young actor, Logan Barnes, who also happens to be her best friend from high school. That's when it all starts again. The past Kady had been trying to run from for the last two years had finally caught up with her.

Similar events are taking place as it did two years ago. And Logan might be the only one capable to free Kady from the clutches of her past and save her.

***

YOUR COVER: (8/10) I noticed that the genre of this story is romance, but I didn't get that feeling when looking at your cover. It looks more like a mystery/thriller genre, and if that represents your story more, I suggest changing the genre to mystery/thriller and making the romance part a subplot. The title could be more creatively placed, and the font should represent your story and genre. The font of your title didn't hint at your story in any way, and the color was distracting as well. I'd recommend avoiding bright, neon colors on titles, and you can find other cover designers (if you wish to) in my reading list to request from.

YOUR TITLE: (4/10) This title is very neutral. It could point to a lot of different things in many genres. It could represent hundreds of things and different types of conflicts from any genre. I didn't get the sense of your story or the genre from the title, and the title itself is very vague and neutral. Unless the word itself has an extremely symbolic meaning to the story (such as things shattering all the time, alluding to a more overarching moral of the story), I highly recommend against it. If you search up the title for the story, you'll find hundreds of books with the same title from varying genres, and variations of the same title. You want your title to be memorable and unique, and I did not get that from your title. You can always keep it (as it's your decision) but I also suggest being open-minded on different titles that can better represent your story—and your story only, not a billion others.

YOUR BLURB: (2/5) For the most part, your blurb was clean of grammatical errors. There were some awkward spaces here and there, and you could tighten/shorten some sentences. For example, I'd avoid using "Kadence" more than once if the blurb is only about her. Your potential readers understand that if you replace her name with "she/her," it's still her. There won't be any confusion about who it'd be. In the second paragraph, I suggest replacing "Kadence" with "she." Additionally, you have tense slip-ups. You were writing in past tense, and in the middle of the second paragraph, you switched to present tense. Keep in mind that your tense should be consistent throughout your whole blurb. In the last sentence, I suggest altering it to say, "And Logan might be the only one capable of freeing Kady from the clutches of her past and saving her." I also noticed that your blurb itself was very vague and revealed little information in contrast to its length. It was mostly about Kady running away from her past, and someone from her past that could save her. If that's it, then I suggest shortening your blurb to only that, instead of dragging it out and having repetition. If there's more to the triggering action and conflict at hand, make sure to include that as well.