42. SOBBING ANGEL

GOY
CHAPTER FOURTY TWO: SOBBING ANGEL

"you're just a bunch of stupid teenagers

"you're just a bunch of stupid teenagers." cora lectured. the black, brunette, red and blonde haired friends stood in a line, looking at the girl with a bleeding forehead. aurora had shuffled herself closer to scott unintentionally, their shoes touching. "running around, thinking that you can stop people from getting killed."

"h-how are you any d-different?" it was obvious the blonde wasn't fond of the brunette.

she ignored aurora's comment. "all you do is show up late. all you really do is find bodies." stiles looked down guiltily. aurora's heart clenched; he was doing his best. not all of them had supernatural abilities. the brunette girl walked away angrily, her shoes slapping against the floor.

aurora wanted to slap her against the floor.

"well, t-that was uncalled for."

stiles nodded in agreement. "she's definitely a hale." aurora looked up at him again, tired eyes watching his honey ones. stiles' eyes followed cora out of the door as he shuffled, stuffing his hands in his pockets. aurora's heart twinged. "i'll make sure she gets home." he moved past the group of three, oblivious to aurora's wide eyes and wobbling lips as his body heat moved away from her's. her own eyes followed him out of the door.

he didn't look back.

after a few shared astonished looks, lydia excused herself away from the two. aurora's bottom lip hadn't stopped wobbling, her hands joining in on the action. her legs had a mind of their own as she fell down onto one of the benches, vision blurry. stiles had left her alone. once again, the chase of the supernatural had gotten in their way.

her daddy was taking another girl home.

the tears spilled before she even had a second to realise that they were falling to her cheeks. a whimper fell from her lips, eyes squeezing shut. aurora's head was pounding as though it would explode. she desperately tried not to slip into that vulnerable state as her hands pressed against her hot temples, cries falling from her lips. as if her heart had twinged before, now it was completely broken.

knowing that stiles had walked away and not looked back hurt more than jacob leaving, again. it hurt more than no longer having her dad in her life. it hurt more than not having seen her mother in weeks.

muffled voices filled aurora's ears. blonde locks shook as she moved her head left to right, shaking 'no' as she covered her ears. her head was already so full, she couldn't take another voice. the view from behind her eyelids was dark and scary, as though she was all alone.

another sob fell from her pouty lips as a pair of warm hands wrapped themselves against her wrists. aurora could barely comprehend it, the man that she was so dependent on had forgotten her. she was becoming vulnerable all over again. the hands tugged her wrists away from her ears effortlessly. aurora cried harder as scott's voice fell upon her ears, forcing her shaking hands away from putting pressure on her head.