TWENTY ONE

(Freya POV)

Josh took me on a very romantic walk on the beach. That was what I loved about him—he never failed to impress me. We'd established it a tradition a few years back to spend every night we were free walking along the beach during our holidays. It was one of the reasons our relationship lasted so long.

"Josh!" I giggled as he flicked a bit of water on me. We'd been walking barefoot along the waves, directly next to the water. "I thought we agreed no splashing after what happened in Ayia Napa."

"It was one time," He chuckled and took my hand.

We were very competitive people. So once the splashing started, it always ended in tidal waves being sent at each other. "All I heard was ocean for a week."

"Fine," He exaggerated a sigh. "Be boring then."

We smiled at each other, but his gaze went away from me when his eyes caught something in the distance.

I turned and noticed the dim, orange light behind some rocks and grinned, grabbing his hand and running over to it. I gasped when I saw what it was.

It was a beautiful, candle-lit picnic setting, with a table and cushions. "Oh Josh. You surprised me with a romantic picnic?"

"This...wasn't me," He narrowed his eyes at the scene. "But damn, whoever did do this went all out."

I looked around, up at the top of the cliff. "Hey, that's where our hotel is, right?"

I pointed to the top and he nodded, taking a step towards the table when we suddenly heard a giggle come from the other side.

"Tell me we're close," The feminine voice said. The voice I recognized too well.

I grabbed Josh's hand and pulled him down so we were crouching behind the rocks.

"Was that Casey's voice?" Josh whispered. I nodded.

"Freezy's really outdone himself this time," I grinned as we peeked over the rocks. Casey seemed reluctant to go out with Freezy that night, but I guess she changed her mind.

But my grin faded as they turned the corner.

"No peeking," Tobi chuckled, holding his hands over her eyes as he guided her to the scene. I smacked Josh in the shoulder when I realized he wasn't paying attention and he jumped.

"Ow," He rubbed his shoulder, but stopped when he realized what was happening. "Oh my—"

"Shh," I cut him off, peeking over the rocks. Tobi had taken his hands away from her eyes, and the expression on her face was almost enough to make me forget about my anger at Tobi. I told him not to try anything.

But she didn't seem uncomfortable at all. She giggled as Tobi took the flowers from her hand and placed them in the vase. They both sat down and Tobi spoke. "Let's just try to make the most of this. You have no idea how long this took to set up."

She giggled again as he popped open the bottle of champagne with ease, pouring them each a glass.

"We should get out of here," Josh whispered. He put a hand on my shoulder, but I shook my head. It was my obligation as a friend to make sure Casey didn't do something she'd regret.

"Go ahead," I whispered back. He sighed, fully sitting down on the sand instead of leaving. At that point, he couldn't, because they would see him.

"For today, there's three things on the menu," Tobi chuckled and reached next to him, picking up a picnic basket. "Don't judge me, this was pretty last minute. But we have, uh, some bread, strawberries, and whatever this stuff is."