6.4 the three broomsticks

Y/N's pov ϟ

"For weeks, you carry around this book. Practically, sleep with it, and yet you have no desire to find out who the Half-Blood Prince is?!" Hermione exclaimed as the four of us trudged down the snowy pathway.

Harry linked his arm with mine as I snuggled my face into his scarf wrapped around my neck, taking in his scent as the cold wind blew snow into our faces.

"I didn't say I wasn't curious and I don't sleep with it!" Harry retorted loudly over the wind.

"Well, it's true. I like a nice chat before I go to bed, but all you do is read that bloody book. It's like being with Hermione," Ron grumbled as Hermione nudged him playfully in the shoulder.

"Well, I was curious. So, I went to-" Hermione began.

"The library," the four of us finished for her. "And?"

"And nothing!" Hermione raised her hands into the air in frustration. "I couldn't find a reference anywhere to a Half-Blood Prince."

"There we go. That settles it, then!" Harry responded merrily. 

"Fillius!" Slughorn's voice rang out loudly as I glanced up to see him standing in front of the busy pub. "I was hoping to find you in the Three Broomsticks."

"Uh no, emergency choir practice I'm afraid, Horace," Fillius said quickly as he nearly ran away. "Maybe next time."

"Does anyone fancy a butterbeer?" Harry spoke up as he watched Slughorn enter the Three Broomsticks.

"Sure, it's cold outside. Why not?" I responded as the four of us entered the warm pub, the sounds of loud chatter and glasses clinking together echoing loudly.

Ron walked towards an empty table, pulling out the chair as Harry grabbed his arm. 

"No, not there, here," Harry whispered as we walked over towards an empty table in the middle of the bar.

I looked at Hermione with confusion as I pulled out a chair next to her, sitting directly across from Harry. The four of us started taking off our heavy coats, placing them on the chairs behind us as Harry's eyes never left Slughorn.

"Something to drink?" the waiter asked as Hermione ordered for the four of us.

"Four butterbeers and some ginger in mine, please."

The waiter nodded before making his way over towards the bar, returning moments later with four butterbeers on a round platter.

"Cold day, isn't it?" the waiter began as he gave me a small smile.

"Yeah, windy too. Thank you," I responded, returning the small smile as the waiter finished placing the butterbeers on our table.

"Have a good day, miss," the waiter nodded lightly as he strolled off. 

I took a light sip from my glass as I glanced up, making eye contact with Blaise sitting at the table across from me with Theodore Nott. Blaise gave me a small wave and a smile as I returned both in pleasant surprise. 

"Who are you waving to?" Harry asked quickly as he whipped around, Blaise giving Harry a cocky grin. I let out a small groan, knowing what was coming as Harry turned to look at Ron.

"Ron, switch seats with Y/N."

"What?" Ron turned to look at Harry who motioned for him to move with his head. "Why?"

"Harry, we're already seated-" I began.

"Just do it," Harry cut me off as he nearly pulled Ron out of his seat.