Chapter two

Xiao POV

I was always lonely. I never had someone to call family. The closest thing to family is that old hag, Zhongli. Since he's my upperclassman he found it his duty to protect and care for me. My parents are always away on trips. I haven't seen them in years, so I pretty much take care of myself . Since no one was there for me the negative thoughts would always consume me. One day Zhongli noticed how much i was carrying on my back. I had the guilt of being a disappointing to my parents. Which is why they were never home.

So i took out a razor and cut myself. Zhongli was knocking on my door but I didn't notice. So he barged in and looked everywhere. He then knocked on the bathroom door and asked if i was okay. I couldn't hear him. I couldn't think of anything else except the terrible and true thoughts going on in my  head. I felt chained up. I couldn't think about anything else. Just my terrible pain. The pain felt like balls of chain. When you find interest in something you don't want anything to get in between you and what you love. So it always stays with you.

For me it was my depression and my never ending pain. I was weak and vulnerable, it took a hold of me with its cold hands. I had no one to talk to or to turn to. So Zhongli sensed something was wrong and barged into the bathroom. I heard him say "what are you doing? Listen you'll be okay.Do you need painkillers?" I then snapped out of my trance and looked up at him. He looked like he was about to burst open with tears.

I held my head down in shame. Why did i do that? I could've solved it another way. Why this way? Then it hit me. This was Karma for being born.I looked up at Zhongli again and finally talked

"Pain killers would be nice"

Now here i am now surrounded by a bunch of people. I don't have friends because i don't want them. I wanted them to stay out of my way. It's best to not interfere with me. Besides no one has tried to talk to me. I was a Sophomore in Genshin high. I used to go to Liyue middle school. I heard that the new Freshman are joining our class. Such a pain. I was stopping by my locker to get almond tofu. I started eating it when i saw Keqing. She is such a pain. I don't know why she doesn't like me. She's the vice president of student council. She finds me a trouble maker since I'm always in the back by myself.

"Xiao,you know you aren't supposed to eat here. Only in the cafeteria" Keqing scolded me

"Hmph like i care Keqing" i said coldly. "Xiao you shouldn't be talking like that" Keqing implied
Damn shes so stubborn and annoying. "Whatever I'll be off." I said annoyed. "That's no way to talk to your upperclassmen." Keqing said coldly before she could says something else i stormed away. She's so annoying and stubborn. Hopefully she won't tell Ningguang, she's the president of the student council. Keqing had been that way to me ever since kindergarten. Always so bossy and stubborn. Everyone else likes her and thinks that she is a kind person. Not me though. I started walking to class when someone ran into me.

"Oh sorry I wasn't looking" the boy said. He had gray hair and had a band aide on his nose. There was a boy behind who looked lost but there at the same time. And damn did he look great. "Hmph, whatever just be careful" i said. I then started walking away when i heard the boy dressed well say

"Bennet. I know where. Follow"

Hmm they were probably the new freshman. I really have to see new people? I wouldn't talk to any of them. I'm fine being alone, always have been. I saw Zhongli talking to three people. There was a boy and girl who looked alike. Cute looking. Then i saw a boy with two braids. He had black-ish hair with green tips. He was smiling and talking to Zhongli as if they were best friends. I didn't care about them so i walked into the class room. I looked around and picked the desk in the very back.

I was wearing a jacket with a demon mask on it. I was wearing a black long sleeved turtleneck underneath my jacket. I was wearing sweatpants nothing special. This was pretty much what i wore all the time. I didn't care as long as the school day wasn't long so i could leave this awful place. I was staring into space when i saw "Bennet" and the other boy walk into the classroom. They took seats in the second row. I was gonna look around to see who was going to be in my class but i suddenly lost interest. I saw the people who looked alike walk in with the boy with braids. The look alikes took a seat in the second row while the boy with braids sat in front of me.

I saw him take a glance at me and I quickly looked down. After i felt his eyes off of me i looked up and stared at him. He had beautiful hair,eyes and was over all very beautiful. Wait, what the hell is wrong with me?! I need to stop. I then heard the teacher say to take out our books and that we were going to start class. I started thinking about how the boy with braids and Zhongli knew each other. The boy with braids seemed very loving and happy.

Yeah he better stay out of my way.