8. the harrington hair

THE HARRINGTON HAIR

THE HARRINGTON HAIR

・゚: * Nora tries to ignore how leaving a trail of red meat for a baby Demogorgon to follow is not how a teenage girl should be spending her afternoon during a nice Fall afternoon.

Her, Steve, and Dustin walk casually along rusted railroad tracks, throwing the meat down every few steps.

This is a totally normal thing to do.

"Alright, so, let me get this straight," Steve starts, breaking the silence. "You kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who. . . who you just met?

"Alright, that's grossly oversimplifying things," Dustin immediately shoots back.

Nora just stands awkwardly in the middle.

"I mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" Steve asks. Nora sighs as she thinks of Max, knowing Dustin was into her.

Because she's different.

"An inter-dimensional slug? Because it's awesome!"

"Well, even if she thought it was cool - which she didn't -  I just. . ." Steve sighs. "I don't know - I just feel like you're trying way too hard."

"Well, not everyone can have the Harrington Hair, alright?" Dustin shoots both siblings a look. Nora looks down with a roll of her eyes.

"It's not about the hair, man - the key with girls is just. . . just acting like you don't care."

Nora cringes slightly. Oh, God.

"Even if you do?" Dustin seems somewhat interested.

Please, stop, now.

"Yes, exactly. It drives 'em nuts," Steve nods.

Is this a nightmare?

"Then what?"

"You just wait, uh, until you feel it."

Nora does not want to be here anymore.

"Feel what?" Dustin looks up confused.

"It's like, before it's gonna storm, y'know?" Steve starts. Nora couldn't help but listen slightly. "You can't see it, but you can feel it, like, this, uh, electricity. . . y'know?"

"Oh, it's like in the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmosphere-"

"No, no, no, no, no," Steve shakes his head, cutting Dustin off. "It's like a. . . a sexual electricity."

Nora mimes throwing up.

"Oh," neither Dustin or Steve looks at her.

"You feel that," Steve reaches over Nora to pat Dustin on the head. "And you make your move."