chapter 11

two months later...

okay so like emma and jake are back together now. that meaning emma is spending lots of time with jake. which has given me and nate time alone. we haven't really made things publicly official. only because i wasn't ready for emma to know yet. and we both wanted to avoid maddy finding out. but between us two,me and nate are in a relationship. it's been great to be honest. he gets me flowers all the time. he's super sweet. and he's amazing in bed. like extremely good. i don't care if that's tmi. lol.

honestly i don't know how maddy hasn't caught onto me and nate. normally when they break up they still hang out and shit cause they don't know how to stay away from eachother. but now that nate is always with me,he's not with maddy. so i'm just surprised she's not questioning it. but i'm not wishing she was or anything. the less drama,the better.

________________________________

tuesday afternoon 1:30 pm

i was sitting in there library pretending to do my work when i saw nate walk in. i looked up and smiled at his precious face. he smiled back and walked up to me.

"emma has practice today and i don't. i'll bring you home,okay?" he said. i smiled and nodded my head. he kissed my forehead and walked away.

but what we didn't know was maddy was standing at the door.

nate walked away and she came up to me.
"why did nate just kiss your forehead?" she asked. i looked at her and raised my eyebrows and i watched nate turn around and see me and her.

i didn't know how to answer maddy's question. but nate came over. "maddy leave her alone" he said with an angry tone. "what the fuck nate" she said. "maddy get out of here" he said.

she looked at me and back at him. and she walked out. i looked at him confused and he shrugged.

at the end of the day i made my way to nate's truck and was waiting for him to come outside. but maddy walked up to me.

"skylar i don't have a lot of time because nate will be over here soon. skylar you seem like a sweet girl but nate is abusive."

"he's not. he's always been sweet to me" i lied. honestly nate gets mad sometimes and he hurts me. i have bruises all over my body. but i do a good job hiding them. sometimes he gets mad that's all.

"just take my advice skylar." she said and walked away before i could say anything.

what she said scared me. but she was right. nate is abusive. but he can't help it. it's not the violence that scares me. i'm scared for him. he can't control himself and it breaks me to see him this way. cause everytime he hurts me he always ends up having a little breakdown and gets super upset because he just hurt me. and of course i comfort him and tell him it's okay because i feel bad. he can't control himself. it's not his fault.

nate met me at his truck. i tried to hide the fact that i was overthinking everything maddy just said to me. i don't think nate bought it.

"you okay?" he asked me. i looked up at him. he had his hand on my thigh and was looking at me. "um yeah,long day" i lied. he nodded his head.

the whole way home neither of us said a word. it wasn't even an awkward silence either. it was just two people deep in our own heads.

as he pulled into my driveway and parked his truck i picked my backpack up off the floor and put it on. we got out of the truck and he unlocked the front door. we walked into the house and stella jumped all over our legs.

nate bent down and picked her up. and walked over to me. he stood in front of me with stella is his arms. i pet her little head and kissed the top of her head. nate smiled at me and put stella down.

he wrapped his arms around me and put his chin on the top of my head. i tucked my head onto his higher stomach and lower chest.
"what's wrong" he asked me. i let out a big sigh. "maddy came up to your truck today when i was waiting for you and was telling me that i should stay away from you cause you're abusive" i said. a few tears dropped from my eyes. he sighed. and didn't say anything.

"she's right nate" i said. he still didn't say anything. he just kept his arms wrapped around my torso. "you are abusive" i cried. "i know" he whispered into my hair.

"but i want to be with you" i said. i felt him nod his head. "this isn't good for us" i said. "i know" he whispered.