Chapter three

Venti POV
(He's so cute)
I was walking to lunch with Aether and Lumine. Class was great the people are really nice. "Did you see him?!" Lumine asked "remember Diluc he's really attractive" she said. "Lumine gross" Aether said to her. "Hehe he is pretty attractive !" I said. I started walking towards a table when i saw a girl with soft blue hair and horns being cornered by some ginger guy. Lumine immediately walked over and tapped the gingers shoulder. "Hey! Leave her alone" she said with a frown. "Haha why should i cutie~" he said to Lumine. Me and Aether both walked over and were about to say something to the ginger when we heard someone say

"Childe, you should leave her alone" Zhongli said

"Haha you're no fun Zhongli." Childe said while ruffling the girls hair.Childe then turned my direction and said " Oh?, aren't you cute" I didn't know how to respond. I mean a boy just called me cute? "Please leave him alone." Aether said,while glaring at Childe."Haha,well don't worry I'll get him alone one day! See you later cuties!" He said before walking away. I ignored his comment and turned my attention back to the girl. "Hey! Are you okay?" I asked the girl. "Oh my apologies. I have caused so much trouble." She said.

"No its fine. What's your name?" Aether asked
"I am Ganyu. Thank you for helping me." Ganyu said. "Anytime!" Lumine said while smiling at her. Ganyu seemed like a kind person. She had great manners. But beneath that smile of hers was self doubt. Her sunset like eyes held shame and a sense of not belonging anywhere. "Hey wanna go get lunch with me!" Lumine asked her. "You should go Ganyu. It'll be a good way to say thank you." Zhongli said.

"Oh. . .um okay" Ganyu said

"Great let's go!" Lumine said before dragging Ganyu with her. "Be careful!" Aether called out. "Oh Venti?" Zhongli said. "What's up?" I asked. "I want you to meet someone" Zhongli said. Oh a new friend? I would love to have a new friend. "Hmm okay!" I said. "Great, i'll go fetch him" Zhongli said before walking to go get this mysterious person. I turned around to check with Aether if it was okay to eat with Zhongli and his friend when i saw him talking to Diluc and his brother Kaeya. I decided to leave him alone to talk to them. I walked to a table near a window. First day of school was fun so far. It was a beautiful school. It made me feel a sense of relief, the way that the baby pink flowers would sway in the wind. When suddenly a lively voice spoke up.

"Hey Venti are you not sitting with the twins today?" I heard Barbara ask.

"Oh hey I wanted to talk to you in class but I didn't get a chance" i said to her. "Oh its okay i was talking to Xinyan. She's a pretty cool girl." Barbara said. "Hehe Thats nice. Lumine went with this girl names Ganyu and Aether is talking to Diluc and Kaeya." I said
"Oh i was just wondering if you were alone or something like that" Barbara said. "Thanks for checking up on me Barbara but im waiting for my friend Zhongli." I said. Barbara was a very kind person. She too had just started high school today. "Well see you around. Imma go sit with jean!" Barbara said before walking off.

I saw Zhongli again walking with a boy with a demon mask jacket on. He looked uninterested and bored. His golden eyes could pierce through flesh and bones. It was very mesmerizing. But I could sense the pain tucked into those eyes. I then realized that it was the boy from before. The one who sat behind me! Oooh maybe he'll be my friend. I hope so. Zhongli sat down and said

"Xiao meet Venti. Venti meet Xiao"

Xiao POV

I was walking to my locker after finishing my morning classes. I avoided talking to anyone. I preferred being left alone. The truth is I didn't know if I actually liked being alone or if i was just used to it. Maybe i just like it better than the alternative... which is getting hurt over and over again by people who swear will change. Or being left all alone and behind time after time. The best people always leave. The ones who leave always say that they will never leave your side. Then one day you wake up and feel normal. You go on about your day then it hits you. That they left you. But why? Why did the best people have to leave?

I was born free and happy. We all are born free and happy and we all spend our whole lives as slaves to our own master. Ourselves. Our own false truth. There's no way to get out. I finally reached my locker when i felt someone behind me. " What do you want?" I said bitterly not wanting to involve myself in conversation with another human being. " If you don't mind, will you please come with me and meet someone." I heard Zhongli say.

"Hmph, I don't want to talk or meet anyone new." I said back to him while trying to mask the pain that i was about to feel when i said my next statement, " They're going to end up giving up on me anyways" i said quietly. I felt his eyes on my back. I could feel the pity, I don't want it. This was my karmic debt for being born. For my existence. "Xiao this person won't run away. If they would I wouldn't be trying to get you with this person right now" Zhongli said while putting a hand on my shoulder. It was true, he always had a reason for the things he did. I shrugged his hand off and slammed my locker shut and turned around to face him.

"I'll give them a shot"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My palms were sweating and it suddenly felt for hotter in the building. Meeting someone new was harder for me than it looks. I had to put every ounce of trust in them. That was scary. To show them everything about you and hope that they stay no matter what. We finally entered the cafeteria, i looked around seeing familiar and new faces. Zhongli lead me to a table near the window with the best view of the pink flowers that had just bloomed. It was the same boy that sat in front of me in class. He had two braids and mesmerizing eyes. I could lose myself in those eyes, i know better than to fall into the depths of his eyes. Zhongli then spoke up and said

"Xiao meet Venti, Venti meet xiao".