Mission 52: I-Island has gone dark

('Thinking')

"Speaking"

~~~~~IzukuPOV~~~~~~

I sat there smug as can be staring at the now pale Monoma, everyone watching in complete silence. A mix of horror and amusement across their faces.

"Well then Neito? I'm waiting.... or are you giving up?" I said prompting him to come out of the daze he was in. Looking down at the revolver and then back at me, I met his eyes and simply waited.

"Its not that serious..... why are you betting our lives on this stupid bet?!" He suddenly spoke out, his voice barely able to hold, threatening to crack. I sighed as I responded

"I'm not betting our lives, you are Neito. You are a fool blinded by titles and rivalries, you jumped head first into a mess you can't back out of due to your pride. Wake up, you are trying to be a hero! Why are you waiting for one to save your ass now?!" I said as I took the revolver back.

"You lack the drive to be a hero, wasting your time and potential on stupid and pointless things. I'm not a hero, I'm a soldier but there is one thing both heros and soldiers have in common." I said as I raised the revolver to my head once again

"That is the need for a strong will to do what is right, no matter the cost or any personal issues we have." I made a show of cocking the hammer back. "If our death will save others, then I won't hesitate in pulling the trigger. Alpha, it was a pleasure serving with you. Flash, you have command now." I said as I applied pressure to the trigger

Monoma's eyes widened as he realized what I was about to do. He leapt out from his seat, and charged forward. I smiled as he almost made it to me before I pulled the trigger.

*Click* that one small sound echoed throughout the backyard. Everyone frozen in place not knowing what happened. To his credit Monoma, kept his charge going in his attempt to stop me from hurting myself. Jumping on me, the took the revolver from my hand. I simply smirked at him

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! YOU'D REALLY KILL YOURSELF OVER A STUPID BET?!" He screamed at the top of his lungs.

"No, I'd do it so save someone from themselves. Is your pride worth the life of anyone here?"

He remained silent as he processed my words and glanced around at everyone.

"Think carefully Neito, right now with that toxic attitude of yours, you're risking the lives of everyone here. Either now or in the future, you will one day have to depend on someone here to help you or maybe save your life....... Do you really think they'd be willing to help out an asshole? Everything we do has an outcome, whether or not its good or bad its up to you."

I gently pushed him off and stood up, offering him a hand as he was still on the ground. Looking up, he slowly took my offered hand and I helped him stand. He said nothing as he slowly made his way back to the crowd. Stopping in front of. everyone, he suddenly bowed

"I'm sorry for being an ass everyone...... I honestly never realized that my attitude could cause that many problems..." he said without raising his head

from the crowd Itsuka walked forward, putting her hand on his shoulder instead of knocking him out for once.

"Honestly Monoma you've been a pain in the neck for a while now....... but if you're willing to change then there is nothing to forgive." She said giving him a bright smile, he looked at the others as they nodded in agreement.

"Izuku, you really know how to mind fuck people to become better don't you?" Byron stated as he slinked over next to me.

"Its the only way I know how to deal with this type of stuff. Harsh but it works.... most of the time anyways." I said shrugging my shoulders

"Well.... you might want to figure out a different way, cause I doubt that'll work on them." He said as he used his thumb to point over his shoulder at the teary-eyed Momo and the fuming Lily

"........Shit." I knew Lily would be easier to deal with since she was pretty used to my methods by now. Momo however would need cheering up. I walked over to her and took her hands into mine.

"Sorry....... If it makes you feel better I wasn't ever in danger. I changed the gunpowder into sand after I shot the first round." I whispered softly into her ear. Letting go of my hands she wrapped them around my waist and buried her face into my shoulder.

"Even if I know that it doesn't make me feel any better seeing you put your life on the line like that....... Zuzu, please value your own life more. Please?" she cried softly in my embrace for a few minutes, as I stoked her head.

"Sorry Momo.... I'll do better, I promise you. How about a few songs to cheer you up?" Her eyes widened, despite my debut at the sports festival I didn't like to sing in public. She knew that and was surprised. Nodding quickly before I could change my mind, she gathered everyone and told them I'd be singing.

Everyone was surprised and excited as they set up the karaoke. I looked around and noticed Izumi smirking at me, I got slightly annoyed but then got an idea. After grabbing a second mic I turned to the crowd.

"Hey guys, by now you guys know I can sing..... BUT! Did you know it runs in the family?! Isn't that right Izumi?!" I smirked as she went pale as everyone turned to look at her. I waved her to come over as I continued.

"What do you say lil sis? How about a Duet with our song?" I smirked as Izumi was dragged by Mina and Toru and handed a mic.

"Why?!" she whispered -shouted at me for outing her.

"Felt like it. Do you remember the song?" I asked 

"......Yes, we wrote it together before....." She said 

"Don't worry about it, we are past that now. Come on lets sing."

A/N: I do not own the song, video or channel^ just love the work 

After the song ended we were met with cheers and applause. Izumi tried hiding behind me, embarrassed. Before I could tease her, Byron rushed up to me and pulled me away from the crowd. 

After we were abit of distance from everyone, he stated what had him all worked up.

"As of 2 hours ago, I-Island has gone dark...." I narrowed my eyes at the news, not wanting to believe it.

"Are you sure?" I asked 

"Confirmed by HQ..... I don't want to believe it either..." I nodded in agreement

"If I-Island has really gone dark then..." he said

"That means Parabellum has gone from 7 S-Ranked to 6.... Contact HQ, Alpha will take this one."

A/N: Sorry about the delay, but Monster Hunter Rise just released and I'm a huge fan of the game, hell I went to japan once just to visit the Monster Hunter themed Bar. Anywho I'd expect the updates to be a little slower cause I will be playing alot. As always thanks for reading and hope you enjoy!