CHAPTER 72 : THE PROPOSAL

"Why am I here again?" Athena asked Sirius, as the others left.

"To give the bloke another chance" Regulus said and Athena rolled her eyes.

"The real reason, if you don't tell me I will personally carve out your hearts" Athena said and Regulus backed away.

"Carve it out I don't care, all I know is you love me" Regulus said in a teasing tone, and Athena smacked him behind the head.

Remus was watching this, and looked down at his lap.

He remembered a memory, a memory he thought he forgot, it was at their fifth year, when he got Jealous of Sirius, and Regulus, but no one knew except for Diana.

---

"Why won't you just confess to her?" Diana asked him as they were walking around the empty halls, it was very early, and no students were around.

"I don't like her that way", Remus said, Diana turned to him and raised an eyebrow.

"If you're not jealous you shouldn't have woken me up very early to talk about this, we both know eachother, and you know very well, that you can't hide anything from me" Diana said and Remus sighed.

"That's an understatement, since I've told you everything" Remus said, and Diana gave him a knowing look.

"See, now I want you to confess to her", Diana said, and Remus sighed again.

"I can't I think he's with Sirius' brother" Remus said, "And I'm not the guy for him, I mean look at me" He said, and Diana looked at him up and down.

"Yeah you're soft, you love chocolates, and believe me when I say that Athena's a nice girl, me and Lily talked to her a couple of times already, and she's fine" Diana said, and Remus groaned.

"I'm not going to confess to her Di, and there's a lot of reasons why, and you know the reasons very well", Remus said, and Diana scoffed.

"And by Reasons you mean reason, Athena's a smart girl, I'm not surprised if she already knows" Diana said, and Remus looked at her horrified.

"You-you think she knows?" Remus asked stuttering.

"Oh, don't be a stuttering mess, I'm just saying that there's a possibility that she knows, and that's not such a small possibility" Diana said.

"I mean" Diana said, she looked at Remus in the eye and held both of his shoulders.

"Believe me when I say that if she knows then she knows, and of my hunch is correct, then- of Bloody hell you'll know what I mean when you see it" Diana said and left him standing at the hallway, as his sister walked away.

---

"Remus?" Sirius said waving a hand in front of him.

"We're you listening mate?" Sirius asked, and Remus sighed and shooked his head.

"Damn whatever you're thinking about must be really important" Regulus said, and Remus sighed.

"It's nothing, continue" Remus said, Sirius looked at his friend worriedly, but Remus only nodded, and Sirius continued to talk.

"Or we can do something easier" Remus finally spoke, and the three's attention was at him.

"What can we do then?" Athena asked trying not to look at his eyes.

"Buy her flowers, then propose we don't need a lot of help to do that, and Diana's not a picky girl" Remus said, and they nodded at him.

"It also means we don't need everyone's help" Sirius said, and Athena coughed, and the attention was at her.

"Actually we do need a bit of help, we need to keep Di, distracted, so she wouldn't know that you're going to propose" Athena said and the boys looked at her quizzically.

"For once I thought you were going to understand it Remmy," Athena said, Sirius and Regulus looked at eachother shocked, even Remus was shocked.

"You mean, D-distraction, right?" Remus asked stuttering and Athena nodded.

"Regulus buy the flowers, Athena, Moony, get Diana, and let the kids distract her, I'll talk to them, and have Molly help me" Sirius said and they nodded.

Ones the three were gone Sirius went upstairs, and to Archer's room to his relief all of them were there fooling around with eachother.

"Hey Sirius", Harry said when he noticed his godfather standing by the door.

"Hey" Sirius replied, as all the kids in the room looked at him.

"You can help me, right?" Sirius said, Scorpius stood up, and smiled.

"With what?" He asked.

"Keep your Mother distracted" Sirius said.

"Why?" Archer asked with a raised brow.

"I'm going to propose" Sirius said, The whole room looked at him with shock.

"Please" Sirius said and Scorpius smiled and nodded.

"Good, Remus and Athena's on their way they picked her up" Sirius said and they nodded.

Sirius went down and saw Molly.

"Molly" He said and Molly looked at him with a smile.

"Can you help me, with my proposal today?" Sirius asked and Molly nodded enthusiastically.

"Well Dear, I surely can, what do you need?" Molly asked him.

"I need some advice" He said.

"What kind of advice?" Molly asked, before Sirius can speak, Regulus pulled him and gave him the flowers.

"Ann, will be here in a couple of minutes" Regulus said as he pulled a jacket, and gave it to Sirius, then 'tsk'-ed before fixing Sirius' hair.

"Alright, I think the kids did their part, now go get your girl" Regulus said as he pushed Sirius out of the door, when he did he was greeted by Diana.

"What's all of this?" Diana asked him, for she herself was confused, she doesn't know what's happening, Athena, and Remus takes her and told her something important was going to happen.

When they apparated back to Grimmuald place, the kids went to her, and started to tell her random things.

And now she's in front of Sirius who was holding a bouquet of flowers.

"Here" Sirius said as he gave the flowers to Diana, "And" He said before bending in one knee, and pulled out a box and opened it.

"Diana Faye Lupin, you've been there ever since first year" He said with a chuckle and shooked his head.

"I remembered how we became friends at second year, but as we grew older we were less than friends" Sirius said.

"I remembered the time when I bumped to you at the hall while you were carrying tons of books, it was the same day when I figured out that you're my tutor, and the day we had the deal" Sirius said as he looked at Diana, and the girl Chuckled.

"The deal was stop bullying Snape/Snivellus, and maybe I/You'll tutor you/me" The two of them said in the same time.

"It was also the time I knew I was falling for you, and I know we've been through a lot, I've been a douchebag, and I know I've hurt you a million of times already, and now I'm promising you that I won't hurt you ever again" Sirius said.

"Now I'm in front of you asking you again, will you marry me?" Sirius asked and Diana smiled at him.

"Yes!" She answered and Sirius couldn't believe it and put the ring on her finger.

"I love you", Sirius said as he stood up, and hugged Diana tightly.

"Wonder who's next" Regulus said as he smirked to Athena, and Remus who was standing side by side.

Remus looked at Athena, and he saw that the girl was already looking at him, she only smiled and patted him at the back.

---

:))