Horseshoe Overlook

A few weeks had passed and everyone had quickly settled into the new camp in Horseshoe Overlook. The men would go out to find out jobs to aquire some money while the women would help out with chores in camp.

Although, (y/n) was going a bit stir crazy at the camp as Grimshaw was becoming unbearable. She always went around and ordered the women to do some chores around the camp and even though (y/n) didn't mind to do the chores, it was annoying to hear Grimshaw bark orders at them.

At least she went easy on Abigail and (y/n) as they had kids but to Karen, Mary-Beth and Tilly, she was a terror to them. But all the women agreed that they were annoyed that Molly O'Shea wasn't lifting a damn finger. Part of it, (y/n) figured, was because Dutch was being sweet on her but the other part was that Molly was from a rich family and she had this high and mighty attitude around her. So she thought herself above all of that.

Sadie Adler was another woman Grimshaw went easy on, due to the trauma she just went through. (Y/n) felt sympathy for her as she knows how it feels to have everything taken from you from the O'Driscoll's. She wanted to talk to Sadie but she wanted to give Sadie a bit of space until she decided when would be the right time.

(Y/n) and Arthur hadn't really gotten to talk much as Arthur was always out and doing some sort've jobs. At first this bothered (y/n) not getting to talk to Arthur cause she wanted to talk about this thing between them. She just wanted to make sure this wasn't something she was imagining as she didn't want to be heartbroken again.

But the good thing was that (y/n) did keep herself busy. Not only was she doing chores around the camp and taking care of Annebeth, she also did some drawings of whatever she saw. Drawing was something that always calmed her and kept her mind busy and focused.

After walking through the camp and thinking over the last few weeks, (Y/n) went and grabbed a bowl of stew for her and Annebeth when she noticed Sadie sitting far off by herself. (Y/n) frowns towards her as she sees Sadie sitting on a boulder, looking down at her hands. (Y/n) hands one of the bowl of stew to Annebeth before she walks over to Sadie.

"Hey, Mrs Adler." She greets the blonde woman after she walks up to her. Sadie looks up at her and (y/n) could see her eyes were red and puffy. "Is it okay if I sit here?" She asked Sadie, who nods slightly. (Y/n) slowly sits on the empty spot as Sadie looks back at the ground.

"You want some food?" (Y/n) asked her as she holds out her bowl but Sadie shakes her head. (Y/n) takes a few spoonful of the stew before she sets the bowl down then turns to Sadie. "I just want to say that I'm very sorry for your loss, Mrs Adler. I-I know what it is like to lose people you love to the O'Driscoll's." (Y/n) said and Sadie turns her head to her. "I lost my parents to them. I know it's not the same as losing a husband but...I know how you feel." She said and Sadie sniffles and nods.

"I just miss him so much." She cries. "Course you do...it goes without saying." (Y/n) said, softly. "What am I gonna do?" Sadie asked, tearfully, before she starts to cry harder. "You're gonna suffer. And life's gonna go on...that's the truth of it, I won't lie to ya." (Y/n) said as she places a hand on Sadie's shoulder.

"Oh, Miss (l/n)..." she cried. "I know." (Y/n) said, softly, as she rubs her back, comforting. "Where am I gonna go?" asked Sadie. "Stay here with us...Folk...they ain't so bad. It's nasty out there on your own." (Y/n) tells her. "I know." She said. "You'll be safe here. At least for now...til you're back on your feet properly." (Y/n) said and Sadie looks over at her. "Thank you." Sadie said, appreciatively. "Of course." (Y/n) said as she pats Sadie's shoulder, comforting.

"I'll give you some time. But like I said, you can stay here as long as you like." (Y/n) said and she stands up. Sadie nods then (y/n) walks away as Sadie buries her head in her hands. "Is she okay, Momma?" Annebeth asked her as she points at Sadie once (y/n) walks up to her. "Well, it's complicated, sweetheart. She lost someone very dear to her, so it's gonna take some time for her to be okay." (Y/n) said and Annebeth gives a bit of confused look before she nods.