See you Soon

An eerie silence shrouded the men.

George's head fogged. His mind went blank as he frantically tried to search for an explanation for his mother's death. He felt the hole in his heart rip open as he was reminded of his mother.

How could another kingdom kill his mother?

His mother was sick. How is that Sicarius' fault?

As George's mind swirled, a pair of footsteps crept up on the men.

"Victoria." Dream spoke in the direction of the woman leaning against George's father's shoulder.

The woman had changed from her elegant ballgown into a silky creme dress. The dress clung to her body as her black hair was tied into a ponytail. Her lips curled at the sight of a vexed George.

"Hello, servant." She gazed at Dream with a condescending spark in her irises.

"The Capet family and I have decided in favor of this war. This has all been planned for a while, George. You spend all day running around like a child. It would be best if you had been aware; you are the king, after all. Victoria was made queen as a thanks for all of the Capet's help. This war will be great for us. The economy will be marvelous, our number of knights will skyrocket, and we can finally triumph over Sicarius." George's father proclaimed the war with a devilish flare.

"Did Sicarius Kingdom kill my mother?" George queried his father.

A dry, raspy chuckle traversed out of George's father.

"Who knows! Listen here. I don't care about your mother, George. The plan is perfect! We place Lily's death on them and go to war. Wisteria has always had tension with Sicarius. You can sit back like the king you are and watch. Don't worry about the war; keep frolicking around." His father jeered.

George's fist tightened at his side.

"Don't you dare use my mother as an excuse-" George raised his hand to hit his father when Victoria dashed to his side.

She whispered in his ear.

"George, you know better. Don't you understand how your father feels? He's an older man; you'll be fine. Walk with me to your room."

She smiled sweetly at George. Her eyes were bitter.

Dream could see through her mask. He stepped to reach for George's arm as he departed when George's father stopped Dream.

Once George was out of earshot distance, his father spoke to Dream.

"Stay away from George. Don't forget your place. You're a servant, not his friend. I don't know what is wrong with George. I don't know your relationship with him, but you should know I have the whole castle watching you. If you get in the way of these plans, you'll never see George again. Do you understand?"

Dream clenched his knuckles. He could feel his anger rising.

"You don't deserve George," Dream breathed in his ear.

Dream brushed past George's father, bumping his shoulder on his way. He stormed off quickly before he made any rash choices.

George sat on his bed with Victoria. She was gently rubbing his back.

"I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I was caught in the moment. I was filled with greed. I understand you don't love me, but we can at least be friends. Let's give it a try. If we're going to be married, we might as well make it count." She grinned charmingly at George.

"No. I said I hated you, remember? I don't want to be involved with you. You're just like my father, selfish and manipulative." George tossed her hand off his back.