Second Year // Chapter 9

"Welcome to one of our favorite matches of the year, Gryffindor versus Slytherin! I'm the ravishingly handsome Lee Jordan who is also your wonderful commentator for this match!"

"Jordan!" McGonagall spoke sternly. "Stick to the game!" 

"Sorry, Professor. Here comes the Gryffindor Lions! Wood, Johnson, Spinnet, Weasley, Weasley, Weasley, and Potter! What a great team that is. The only hard part is having three siblings on the team. Makes for some pretty funny stories in the dorm room-"

"Oi! Jordan!" George flew over. "Shut up before I hit you with my bat, eh?" I swear I saw Lee blush for a second but it quickly faded as he continued to introduce the Slytherin players. The match started off fine well and good. That was until Slytherin got possession of the Quaffle. With their brooms, that were graciously given by Draco's Daddy. We. Were. Fucked.

I finally got the Quaffle and scored. As I flew around I heard Malfoy taunt Harry.

"All right there, Scarhead?" Harry eyed him with hatred. Just as he looked away. I saw a Bludger coming in fast. 

"HARRY! WATCH OUT!" I cried along with George. Harry zipped out of the way at the last possible second. George swooped over and hit the Bludger away with a crack. I send a smile to George as he flies away. 

"What the-" I heard Fred say from below. I looked and saw the same Bludger coming back right towards Harry. Harry dodged it but the Bludger kept going after Harry. I flew over to the Gryffindor stands and overheard Hagrid speaking to Ron and Hermione.

"Blimey, Harry's got 'imself a Rouge Bludger!"

"I'll stop it!" Ron said raising his wand. Both Hermione and I shouted.

"No!" Hermione continued talking to him as I flew off after Harry. Even though I wasn't as close with him as Ron, I wasn't gonna forget him. I followed him around with all the zigs and zags until we bumped into Malfy once again.

"Training for the ballet, Potter?" 

"Malfoy!" I shouted just seconds before the Bludger smashed into his broom. I laughed as Harry zoomed off after the Snitch while Draco sat there hovering dazed. 

I went back to being a Chaser and scored another forty points for Gryffindor before I found Harry again. The Bludger was still after him, but this time the Bludger won. I watched as it hit his arm with a loud CRACK! 

"Harry!" I shouted. I zoom down in case he needed help. As I did he fell off his broom and landed on the pitch sand near the hoops with a sickening thud. I land leaving my broom on the grass and ran forward to help him. I noticed the Bludger was still attacking him so I pulled out my wand from my boot. 

Okay, that may seem like a weird place to keep my wand, but like during Quidditch you really can't have it anywhere else. Unless you like having a 14" wand up your arse. 

"Finite Incantatem!" Hermione and I yelled at the same time. I didn't even notice she was there until her voice joined mine. We rushed forward and knelt beside Harry. Before I could mention taking him to the hospital wing, glorious Lockhart decided to "save the day".

"Not to worry, Harry. I'll fix that arm of yours straight away." He revealed his wand and Harry flinched away. I smiled as Harry wasn't blinded like Hermione was.

"No ... No ... Not you." He said moving farther away. Lockhart just chuckled and forcefully grabbed Harry's shoulder.

"Poor boy doesn't know what he's saying. this won't hurt a bit." I saw Harry brace himself as Lockhart twirled his wand and spoke the spell. "Brackium Emendo!"

Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, and I all watched with disgusted looks on our faces as Lockhart picked up his arm. The broken arm was now limp and flopping around. The brainless twat got rid of all his fucking bones!

"Ah. Yes. Well, that can sometimes happen. the point is, the bones are no longer broken." Lockhart spoke messing with Harry's arm. Harry looked at Lockhart like he was crazy.

"Brok'n? He doesn't 'ave any bones at all!" Hagrid basically screamed. I nodded and reached for my wand in the sand. I was playing with it before Ron who happened to be paying attention snatched it out of my hands.

"Oi! That's MY wand, Ronald!" I shouted chasing after him. I tackled him to the ground and grabbed my wand back. 

"You looked like you were about to hex Lockhart. I didn't want you to have to suffer detention with that creep."

"Creep? More like brainless, idiotic, egotistical, motherf-" 

"Lori! Ron!" We turned to see Fred and George running over. "They're taking Harry up to see Madame Pomfrey. We should head up too." We nodded and followed them up towards the castle. 

***

Madame Pomfrey was not pleased with what Lockhart did, in fact, she was pissed! She gave Harry the Skel-Gro stuff and kicked all of us out so he could rest. Hermione and I took the chance to have a girl talk, and I took the chance to once again tell her Lockhart is not what he said he was. 

"I will have to say, now I am severely doubting him." She grumbled as she sat on her bed. 

"Thank you! Took you long enough!" I said. 

"Oh shut it!" She tossed a pillow over at me. "Now, you're never gonna believe what Lavender heard at the Quidditch match!"

"What did she hear?" I asked with excitement.

"You know the Hufflepuff named Cedric Diggory?" She asked, I nodded my head already knowing where this was going. "Well, some Hufflepuff second years have been hearing he wants to ask you out!"

"The problem is, Hermione. I'm a Weasley AND I'm only twelve about to be thirteen. Mum and Dad would flip if I started to date a soon-to-be fifth year." I said sitting up and pulled out the necklace from under my shirt. "Also, according to this, he and I aren't meant to be."

"What's a necklace have to do with love?" Hermione asked sounding shocked.

"This ... isn't just any necklace. The two stones change with each couple that has it. This one here is my birthstone and aquamarine, and this one here is a Ruby."

"So?"

"So, unless Cedric was born in July, which he wasn't, then he isn't meant to be my boyfriend."

"Then who is?"

"I don't know, Hermione. All I know is what my Mum told me about its legacy."

"She knew about it? How? It's not in any books." Hermione said pulling out some books about magical objects. "If it is, I sure haven't read about it." I laughed.

"It's not in any books! This necklace belongs to the Prewett family, my Mum's side of the family." Hermione's eyes went wide. "Yeah. Apparently, it's been lost since my Uncles' Fabian and Gideon gave this to an unknown friend for his girlfriend." I explained.

"Who gave it to you then?" I bit my lip and fought back an urge to blush.

"Neville." 

"NEVILLE?!" 

"SHUSH!" I whipped out my wand and did a silencing spell. "Yeah ... last Christmas," I said with a goofy smile on my face.

"Lori!! Neville was born the day before Harry! July 30th!!!"

I took a sharp breath in. I mean, I have a small crush on Neville, but the feeling couldn't be mutual ... there's no way! I mean, when I put on the necklace and I felt like a part of me was always gonna be in love with Neville. It never occurred to me, that maybe it was meant to be. 

"Lori?" I snapped out to see Hermione waving her hand in front of my face. "We really should head to bed. It's almost midnight!" I turned to look outside and saw the bright moon. 

"Wow! That was a fast night." 

"Yeah." she yawned out. "Night, Lori."

"Night, Hermione." I rolled over in my bed and stared out the window. I wasn't going to act on my feelings until I was for sure that Neville felt the same way.