0.43 |K.D.

〖KNIGHTS AND DRAGONS 〗 

"OKAY, SO WHATS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THAT DOOR?" Donna asked excitedly, close to the door. The Doctor flipped a final lever, hands shoving into his pockets. He shrugged.

"No idea. Set the coordinates to random." He raised a hand and wavered it at the door. "Go." he urged. Donna spun on her heels, pushing towards the door. The blue wood groaned as she nudged it open, peaking out into the world around. The Doctor and Valarie followed up, all three leaning around each other to peek.

"Looks like Earth." He commented. Chatter echoed around them. "Sounds like Earth." He raised his head, taking in a deep inhale through his nose. "Ew. Smells like medieval Earth." They finally left the TARDIS, looking around.

"Earth? Really, again?" Donna asked, almost disappointed in the location. "I wanna see alien planets!" She exclaimed. Valarie looked around, venturing further out than they did. People rushed by - busy streets was a trait Valarie found to be common in every point in time. The streets were littered by loose, ratty, clothing that ran in an array of shades of white, brown and gray. Eyes did touch on the strangers. Most notably the two women wearing pants in the eleventh century. It was borderline blasphemous.

"Okay, okay. Just one day here, maybe go to a joust, and then we are going to somewhere alien." He waved his hand in her face, finger pointing at her as it traced a circular motion. "But mind you, Earth is alien to me." Donna half pouted, before her lips turned up into a smile and she turned away. She approached Valarie, reaching under her arm and linking theirs together.

"Come on. Girls day in medieval times." She joked nodding her head towards Valarie's. They walked together with the Doctor trailing behind, not paying mind to the sideways glances at the strange clothes of the three impossibly out of place strangers. Valarie had danced around the time frame of knights and kings and queens - always landing a few centuries off with the original trip to Shakespeare and then the Renaissance. But a joust? No, she couldn't turn that down. Truth be told, she had always wondered if they were a real event.

The dirt path was lined with vendors, offering a very limited variety of goods like brown bread, beans, oats, grains, and some meat and occasionally milk. Nothing to really appeal to their stomachs, or entice them to explore. Valarie had been so absorbed in her sight seeing she failed to notice the young woman in her path. The two collided, bags of grains in her hands toppling out of them and onto the ground. Valarie grunted, stumbling back and assessing the situation before she knelt and began to gather with the woman.

She pushed her hair back, handing over a smaller pouch to her with the other bag in one hand.

"Here, I'm sorry-" She froze, eyes locking with the woman's. She appeared to be at most eighteen, most likely younger. Her grey eyes settled on nothing in particular, just simply gazed into nothingness. She looked drained. Her brown hair was flat and partially messy, as if she hadn't even ran a hand through it in days. She looked pale; such a sickly pale her skin looked almost gray. It was something Valarie had seen before, and made the hairs on her neck stand up. She knelt before her, jaw slack as she snatched the items from her hands and rose. She then continued on her path, towards a large stone structure one could identify as a castle.

Valarie stood slowly, the Doctor know standing at her back as she rubbed dirt off her freshly skint knee. Donna stood back.

"Well that was odd." Donna scoffed, not taking immediate notice in the twos silence as the swallowed what they had just seen. "Val," Donna half laughed. "That girl looked just like you. Time travel, huh?" She laughed. "Guys?" She asked, her laughter dying. Valarie looked over her shoulder and up at him.

"We need to go." She choked. "We need to go after her. Right now."

__

The structure was tall and intimidating. Stone bricks stacked to create the monstrosity of a structure. The entrance remained open, surprisingly with no guards. It was a large, empty room that resembled a medieval court room; large throne, lavish banners and all. The girl had vanished somewhere into the building, and would be impossible to find without being caught by someone. They had figured simply asking first would be easier.

"Pardon me?" A voice announced. Valarie turned to face a woman. She wore a red gown, velvet in appearance and wore many adorned jewels. "Who are thee," Her eyes raked over the jeans Valarie wore, and the graphic Star Wars sweatshirt - a phrase she would never understand-. "oddly clothed ones?" She tacked on.

"Oh, uh," Valarie stumbled over her words, looking to Donna and the Doctor. The Doctor cleared his throat, stepping to her side.

"We are here looking for perhaps a servant of yours. She looked quite unwell in the village and we wanted to assure all was well."

"How doest' my servant concern thee?" She responded, eyebrows furrowed.

"He's a doctor." Valarie spat out, without much thought. The Doctor looked between her and the woman before raising a hand and smiling.

"I'm a doctor."

"Well," she scoffed. "I can assure thee as queen of this palace I have the most wondrous doctor here to care for my servants."

"And who might you be?" Donna asked. The woman straightened her posture.

"Queen Helen of Mannering." She responded. Her eyebrows arched, and a smile painted her lips in pride of her title. Valarie lifted an eyebrow. "And what of you, strangers?"

"Donna of London." Donna responded.

"Valarie of London."

"Doctor of," he looked between them all. "London." He smiled.

"London? The rat filled streets of London?" Helen scoffed, partially laughing.

"Doctor of London?" Another voice called from the corridor. It was a nasally males, and it sent chills up Valarie's spine because that she had heard before. Out emerged a man. He was average height in stature and a round man. His cheeks were rounded and his eyebrows, always untamed and wild, were always furrowed to make his features ever so menacing. Valarie knew the features much too well because she had sat in Brion, laughing about them with Marty whenever they were left alone.

"Doctor of Gallifrey is much, much, more appropriate." He chuckled. The Doctor could feel his hearts drop into his stomach. No, he was dead. He was sure of it. But no, he stood before them and his eyes screamed revenge practically.

"Doctor Jekyll." He greeted, eyes settling on Valarie and the Doctor in particular as he peered down his nose at them. "But, I'm sure you already knew that."

__

another original chapter lmao! this was going to be the one shot but i decided to make it another original chapter, and this time it will be a throw back to the Istods from the first three chapters of Oddity. Also I just love the concept of putting someone in knight armor soon ;) shortish chapter, sorry! enjoy!