Chapter 27

Wendy's P.O.V

"You should have seen the look on Seulgi's face!" Rosé continued laughing like manic as I smiled at the three giggling donkeys in front of me.

"And you didn't get caught by Ma'am Hoorain? Wow, that's a story worth telling," I spoke up as Taehyung wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

Ma'am Hoorain was one of the assistant teachers at Cloud Tower, being one of the most strict and sharpest of them all. She was a tall, broad-shouldered woman with slanted green eyes. She would always be wearing a suit, and I had never seen anyone more professional than her. Her long brown hair probably reached her lower back but she always had it tied in a tight bun. Sharp jaw and flat-chested, it was often very easy to spot her through the crowd of students. Being one of the teachers in charge of surveillance and security, her power comes in very handy. Highly observant. Yup, that was her power.

"She almost did, but then Yeri ended up helping us. I found it weird since we made her member run out of the building in fear, screaming, but I guess she's just too nice," He explained as I took a bite of my apple.

"Good thing being clairvoyant is part of Yeri's psychic abilities, she was able to predict what was going to happen and saved us just in time," Jimin said as we all started marching our way towards the stadium for the third match of the Magic School Tournament.

"Ma'am Hoorain probably already knew what you guys were up to, your plan sounds way too careless for her not to realize what was going on," I explained, continuing to bite into my apple.

"I guess maybe she just felt generous that night,"

"Perhaps she was just tired,"

"Or maybe she doesn't like Seulgi." The three started chuckling and holding in their laughter again as I rolled my eyes. If it made them laugh so hard I wish I could have been there to see it for myself.

"Anyways, Taehyung you seem to be feeling a lot better," I asked as he nodded, smiling goofily. "Chaeyoung got some medicine from the medical wing and it's been having a great effect on him. He's feeling a lot more energetic," Jimin responded.

"That's nice to hear,"

And so as we walked we saw more and more students heading in the same direction as us. At least this will be the one time none of us were late to attend the tournament, except for the other ten idiots who aren't gonna be here at all.

As we sat down on some available seats I started thinking about Taehyung and his whole situation. Though it pains me to say this maybe we should have just handed him over to the medical team earlier. They were more experienced, they had more knowledge and not to mention we're just a bunch of nineteen-year-olds who can barely manage to escape the school grounds once in a while.

He's sick, and not with just some random flu or something that can eventually be permanently cured by some medicine, it's a life and death situation. And if you ask me, it's kind of stupid for some youngsters to pretend they know what they're doing.

Though these weren't my thoughts when I had first heard about it because lets are honest when it comes to such a controversial topic as an angels death, we can never trust the royals or the government.

You might have an idea that maybe everyone here would be extremely empathetic perhaps because we were so advanced due to magic. But let me clear something out for you, corruption and evil is everywhere. No matter how much you deny but in every part of the universe, wherever there is good, there will always be evil because that's just how the world works. And nothing, not even magic can change that.

And the people of Majestia long figured out just how corrupt the royal system was a long time ago, it's just that no one ever had the power or bravery to stand up against them. The fact that they only decided to save themselves and their profits instead of their country and their people in the War Of The Two is a great example of how fucked up and corrupt the royals are.