25 | Nightmare

Zain's pov

Sighing I close my eyes and rest back against the seat when my head throbs with more pain.

It wasn't my intention to come home sick, but the urge to be back home as soon as possible made me stay awake all night and complete the work.

Sufiyan didn't even bother cursing behind my back, he was so pissed off when I didn't let him get a break, well we didn't come here on an holiday, he can come back and see how New Zealand nights are.

But I know the pressure I gave him wasn't healthy so I promised a week off for him.

Sufiya breathes out in relief when we get closer to his house "Finally I'll be able to sleep without disturbance" I roll my eyes when he gives me a side glare. He can be very dramatic at times.

From Sufiyan's place to mine it's just a 10 minutes ride, but I sit their impatiently wanting nothing more than Jannat in my arms.

That girl worried me alot just with her I am fine and fake forced smiles, she doesn't even tell me what is bothering her and the way she is always off when we are talking just made my nights more sleepless.

The man I asked to keep an eye on Jannat, reported that she only met her friend and went to the flower shop where I went and threatened days ago which was useless, but after that Jannat never left home, not even to college.

She took 2 weeks off, and when I asked she said she doesn't feel like going.

Something is wrong, I can tell that. And I will find out today when I meet her. She can't lie when I am right infront of her pinning her down with a glare.

She looks so adorable when she blabbers off everything just when I give her look, and I almost feel guilty for taking advantage of my power I have over her.

10 minutes later

"Thankyou, drive safely, it's raining" I smile at my driver who nods and grins back at my acknowledgement.

I do not bother picking my luggage knowing someone would pick it up later, just with my bag hung loosely on shoulder I take big steps towards my house.

It's oddly silent, but the next second I hear broken sobs my heart beat raises, it wouldn't have if it was Inaya crying, but I can clearly tell it was my grandma's voice.

My strides gets hurried and when I reach the empty living room, I cannot understand what is actually happening.

Huma bhabhi is consoling the weeping Saif, but but when I take a step close my heart drops when I see her crying.

Grandma's sobs only scares me more and I rush towards them but her words stops me "Who will answer Zain? He is coming back today! I cannot face him!" She cries more and I am so confused but my heart beat only increases, before I could what the hell is happening, my whole body freezes hearing her.

"He asked everyone to protect Jannat and we failed" she cried but it sounds blur, a gasp grabs my attention and my eyes drops towards the stairs and when I see the maids looking at me with wide eyes but standing with a cloth dripping of blood my soul leaves my body.

Jannat. What happened to Jannat.

"Where is Jannat?" Huma bhabhi startles and looks at me with wide eyes not expecting me to be standing here looking like I might faint any second too.