Chapter 1 - My New Roommate?

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."   -Unknown

Madison's POV~

Baby, you light up my world like nobody else

The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed

But when you smile at the ground, it ain't hard to tell

You don't know- Aahhhhhhhhh!

I yelled in terror when suddenly someone pushed open my room's door. I was so terrified that I stumbled over the desk and landed on the not so soft floor.

I looked up to see a hot guy looking over at me with amusement clearly visible in his beautiful light brown eyes. He was really handsome! A perfect jawline, eyes so deep and expressive, wherein you could get lost if you stared long enough. His face had that faraway look in it, which cannot be described in words. I was going to continue admiring his features if he didn't pull me out of the daydream with a snort, which was followed by a full-blown out laugh.

Great, I made a fool out of myself in front of a good-looking guy! Wait an unknown good-looking guy...Who the hell is he?

"Who the hell are you?" I decided to voice my thoughts.

He kept on laughing and I gave him a hard glare to make him stop. It didn't work at first but then eventually he stopped laughing.

"You don't have a very good voice you know but anyways I enjoyed your little show."

I gasped.

How dare he insult my angel-like voice! So what if I am exaggerating a bit, I still have a great voice okay!

"Look mister whoever you are, get out of my room, wait not only my room but I should actually kick you out of my apartment! Who in their right mind would break into a random girl's apartment and barge into her room without even knocking?"

Well apparently him, guess he doesn't have his right mind...

"Well, Sugarcube-"

"Madison" I corrected.

"- I didn't break into your house and I definitely remember knocking at your door."

"Oh yeah so why didn't I hear the knocking and how did you enter my apartment then?"

"Sugarcube you were singing the song in such a high pitched voice that your ears might have forgotten to hear my knock and-"

I blushed with embarrassment, remembering the previous incidents.

"- the answer to your question is here," He said, taking out the keys from the back pocket of his jeans."

"Did you steal the keys" I narrowed my eyes at him, still sitting on the ground?

"Nope, I duplicated it." He replied casually.

"WHAT?" My eyes grew wide.

"Just kidding, Jessa gave it to me."

"Jessa?"

"Yeah, that's what I just said."

Jessa was my landlady.

I guess I forgot to tell you I live on rent here. Since my parents died my aunt wasn't able to afford to buy me my apartment so I decided to rent a room for myself. I pay the rent through my salary which I get from doing a part-time job as a barista at Wired.

Ugh, life without parents is difficult.

I think the conversation in my brain just diverted to a different issue.

"Sugarcube?" He was waving his hands in front of my eyes.

"Madison?"

"Hey?"

"Yeah what?"

"Why are you still on the floor?"

"Because I love to be down to the earth. Now you answer me, why did Jessa give you the keys to the apartment?"

"It's simple genius, I am your new roommate!"

"My new roommate?"

572 words~

Hope you liked the first chapter.

Feel free to comment your views!

See you soon, bye!