Chapter 2 - The Stranger

"Walk with hope in your heart and you will never walk alone"

-Shahrukh Khan

Madison's POV~

The water felt so good against my body. I sunk more into the bathtub and got comfortable.

The hot guy's image popped up in my mind.

After my embarrassment yesterday he got out of my room and went into his. He wasn't hungry and neither was I so we skipped dinner.

He had left me curious about various aspects. Heck, he didn't even tell me his name!?

'You could have asked' My brain reminded me.

'Whatever' I replied to my subconscious.

After feeling satisfied with the bath I got up, wrapped a towel around myself, and went out.

I decided to wear something casual on the first day of school.

I was never popular but people knew who I was. I have one best friend and it is safe to say that she is the only real friend I have.

After getting dressed into the following outfit, I took my bag, phone and headed out towards the dining.

I loved apples and wanted to eat one. I was trying to find it but it was miraculously missing! Searching, I reached the fridge and I saw a note on it. It said:

Since you decided to take a big bath and forget about me I have already left for my school. I had taken a shower last night so it wasn't a problem today but please finish up early from tomorrow onwards. I have taken an apple if you are looking for it.

Great I feel guilty now!

I ignored the feeling and took milk and cornflakes to eat. After having done with that I took the keys and headed out towards school.

I live near the school and thus go on foot. I put my earplugs in my ears and started walking. Humming the tune of the song I reached my destination. I checked the time on my phone, there were still ten minutes for the classes to start.

I started to walk towards the office to collect my schedule for this year. I was scrolling through the screen on the phone when I bumped into someone.

I looked up to apologize when my eyes met with a familiar face.

Guess who?

"Hey, roomie! I didn't know you were-"

He ignored my words and passed through me. I stood there shocked at his rude behavior. It didn't even look as he recognized me. As if I was a complete stranger to him.

I was gonna follow him but a girl's blaring voice stopped me.

"Maddssss"

"Geez, Soph you don't need to yell that loud" She just shrugged in response.

Meet Sophia, she's the friend that I told you guys about. She's outgoing and very loud as you might have seen.

"So did you collect your schedule?" She inquired.

"Nah I was going to"

"Okay what are you waiting for let's go"

We headed towards the office.

"What are your names dear?" Sarah, the employee that works in the office asked us.

"Madison Gray" "Sophia Parker"

"Here you go, have a good day girls"

"Have a good day too Sarah" We replied.

I was looking through my schedule when suddenly it vanished from my hands"

I glared at Soph while she compared our schedules ignoring my little tantrum.

"Wow we have 4 out of 7 classes together, isn't that great!"

"Amazing" I answered absentmindedly.

We entered the classroom and sat in the middle somewhere. My eyes automatically roamed in the classroom looking for the guy who ignored my presence earlier.

"Hey, Madds did you hear about the new guy? I have seen him, he's so hot" Mia, one of the gossip girls in the school, whispered from behind.

"Yeah I have met him as well" I replied casually.

"When?" Sophie asked.

"Yesterday and today both"

"Stop lying, how can you meet him yesterday!?" Mia answered somewhat raged.

Guess she likes him...I decided to ignore her bickering and talk to Soph.

"He's my roommate" I whispered to Soph in such a way that Mia doesn't hear.

"WHAT!?" Soph yelled.

See I did warn you that she's loud. I shook my head at her.

"Can you please keep your voice down?"

"Can you please elaborate about this roommate of yours?" She questioned back.

"Yeah, of course, his name is wait I don't know his name yet..."

"Wow, Madds you don't even know your roommate's name!? Are you lying?"

"Hey don't you trust me?"

"Of course not!"

"How could you do this to me" I faked hurt and put a hand on my heart.

"Stop the drama and who's supposed to believe that you have a roommate and you don't even know anything about him?"

"You are supposed to believe that and yes I know a lot of things about him"

"Such as?"

"He has beautiful light brown eyes and a tattoo on his chest!"

Okay, I have or may not have lied about the tattoo part...

"You have seen his-" I immediately place my hand over the big mouth of hers to prevent unwanted attention.

She was about to speak more but Mrs. Rose entered the classroom.

"This conversation has not ended" Soph gave me a knowing look and then diverted her attention towards the teacher.

"Noted" I released a sigh and turned to look in front.

942 words~

QOTD: What's your favorite outfit?

Hope you liked my chapter!