Anniversary

A/N- I would love to be asleep right now, it's too early. 

Summary- 

-Third Person P

-Third Person P.O.V- 

Harley couldn't help but bounce on the balls of his feet as he made his way down to the lab. 

In a weeks time it will be his and Peter's one year anniversary, and he wanted to make it special. He had been thinking about what to get Peter for a long time now, and he wanted to give him a guitar, but he wasn't sure if Peter would like it or not. 

Peter had always loved them and said how he would always want one, Harley had also seen Peter play one a couple times when he saw one but he never brought one. That's why Harley thinks it might be a good gift. 

Harley gets to the lab and walks quickly over to Tony. 

"Tony, can I- can I ask you something," he asks, his voice suddenly quiet and shy.

Tony looks up and sees Harley in front of him. "Sure, what's up?" Tony asks, his eyes hardening slightly in fear of what he might say about his son. 

"Well you see, Peter and I's anniversary is next week, and I thought of a present for him, but I wanted to make sure it was a good one," Harley admits, fiddling with the end of his sleeves. The seventeen year old suddenly felt seven and as though he was talking in front of a whole class. 

A smile fell onto Tony's face as he sat up a little more. 

"Well what did you have in mind?" Tony asks. 

"I was thinking a guitar, and maybe- maybe have it engraved to make it more special," Harley mumbles. 

Tony smiles brightly as he thinks about all the times Peter would talk about guitars, and how he has always wanted one. Tony always said he would get one for Peter, but Peter would decline and say it didn't matter. 

He can remember when Peter was really young and Steve had come over with a guitar, and Peter was enthralled by it. Steve taught Peter how to play, but they never got around to buying him his own guitar. 

 "That's a really good idea, believe me when I say he'll love it with his whole heart," Tony replied with a smile. 

Harley sighs in relief and smiles while nodding, "phew, thank you Tony."

"No problem Harls, never breaks my kids heart though," Tony voices, a hint of amusement in his voice, although Harley knows he isn't messing around. 

"I would never," Harley calls out before leaving. 

-

The week passed quickly and Harley and Peter were now sat in a restaurant on the roof, fairy lights all around them and only the two of them. 

Peter had just given Harley his gift- a dog tag with their initials on it and a little note from Peter, as well as a book full of pictures together and candid photos Harley didn't even know Peter had taken. Harley may have shed a few tears when he looked through it. 

"Wait here," Harley said, jumping up from his seat before Peter even had the chance to reply. 

Peter watched as Harley rushed off behind a wall before returning. Peter saw Harley carrying a case and his eyes widened as he saw the shape of it.

Harley didn't, did he?

Peter could feel the tears rising in his eyes. 

"I hope you like it babe," Harley whispered while handing over the case. 

Wordlessly, Peter placed it on the table and zipped it open. His breath caught in his throat as he looked down at the tan guitar, his eyes fell on something engraved on the side and he read over it. 

'I'll always love you Petey.' 

A tear fell down Peters face and without much thought he jumped up from his seat and fell into Harley arms. Automatically, Harley wrapped his arms around Peter, making sure to keep him from falling. 

"Do you like it?" Harley asked in a soft voice. 

Peter hugged him even tighter and nodded, "I love it Harls, thank you." 

Harley laughed a little and kissed the top of Peters head and hugged him just as tight, "I'm glad." 

"I love you." 

"I love you too Petey." 

-

-

-

A/N- Ugh, I'm still tired

- M xx