CHAPTER 31

ETHAN'S P.O.V

EDITED- 01 Nov. 22

It has been hours and still have not heard anything. Nicole even went to get coffee and still we had not gotten news. Rose please do not leave just yet.

The door the operation room opened.

"Rose Williams Andrews?" the doctor said. "Here." mom said. "Unfortunately...." the doctor started off.

This cannot be good.

"There's good news also doesn't worry. Let us start with the baby first. So, your wife was 5 months pregnant and not 4 months pregnant. We had to remove the baby because your wife suffered a huge amount of blood lose. We are trying hard to at this moment to keep your baby girl alive. She is in kids ICU on a life support system and as well as your wife. Your daughter is healthy but because she is a premature, she is not out of danger. Coming to your wife she is not out of danger the amount of blood lose she suffered endangered her and the little one. However, she is always on life support. This time around there's 50/50 percent chances of death and living. We will keep an eye out for the wife and the little one." the doctor said.

50/50 percent chances. Rose....

"Thank you doctor." Patrick said but he sounded so distant. "Hey Ethan son why don't you have a seat." mom said but she sounds extremely far, and she was right in front of me. "Ethan son..." Rose's mom said.

I am trying to comprehend what is happening, but it is just not happening.

Mind- This is your fault, Ethan! She is going to die because of you! And you killed your own baby! What kind of husband are you? What kind of father are you? She would not have been here if it were not for you.

Me- NO I did not mean it. The baby is not dead they both still alive.

Mind- You put them in hospital. She would have been pregnant still and you and she would have been asleep but instead your child and wife are laying in hospital BECAUSE OF YOU! You are a MONSTER.

"Ethan snap out of it." mom said snapping her fingers at me to take me out of little argument with my mind. "Hey, she's going to be okay. She and the baby, okay?" mom said.

I nodded my head while tears rolled down my eyes. When I looked up, I saw that Nicole, Bryan and George was not standing with us.

"Come on let's stand up and go check up on Rose, yeah?" mom said.

Rose's room.

I cannot believe she is again in hospital, and this time it is because of me.

"Want us to leave?" mom asked and I nodded. "Okay son. We here for you." she said and left with the rest. "Rose I don't know if you can hear me, but I am really sorry. You almost lost this baby again and this time it is my fault, not that the first time it was your fault but baby I am sorry. Do not leave me just yet please! I'm begging you not going." I spoke.

2 weeks later

Rose had woken up and the doctor has said his going to keep her just for the sake of her health and the baby. She has not spoken with me yet, but I am hoping she forgives me soon.

I arrived at the Hospital and first went to Veronica's room and stood by the window watching from outside in. I left the ICU room and went to Rose's room, and she is awake.

"Good morning." I spoke. "Hey." she said. "How are you feeling?" I asked her. "Better every day, just wish I could see my daughter." she said. "They haven't allowed you to?" I asked.

"Morning I just came to check on my dear sister and now I'm going to see my niece." Nicole said and we both smiled at her. "Toddles." she said and left.

"I have an idea for you to see your daughter." I spoke. "What?" Rose asked. "Wait I'll be back." I said and ran out the room.

"Nicole waits!" I spoke. "Yes Ethan." she said.

And I told her my plan.

"Okay I'll phone you when I get there." she said and walked away.

I went back in to Rose and spoke to her.

Phone rings...

"So, I know how much you want to see your baby, so I've asked Nicole to video call me once she's by Veronica." I said to Rose, and you could see the tears forming in her eyes.

***********

-THANK YOU for reading.
-vote!
-Comment!
-P.R. A😘