4'

Chris
***

I glare at the wall, lifting the weights as I had work to do. Had to deal with tracking more vampires and I'm especially in the mood of capturing some. Ever since that vampire almost crushed my heart pissed me off since then.

I am over those creatures. When I think about it too often it infuriates me even more. I haven't seen Amren in a couple of days as if I'm really going to whistle a stupid tune to get his attention. I have no interest to meet him again, I'm quite content on how things are now.

"Hey."

Looking over my shoulder, I see Chris grinning at me. Made me realize that the date was today and I completely forgot all about it.

It was weird...I know all about him having seen Amren and he doesn't even bring it up. His powers were legitimate...not that I questioned them.

"Thanks for taking me home that one time, you didn't have to." He smiles shyly, and I had to remember that that's what Amren placed in his mind.

"It's okay. I wanted to, it was necessary considering how...in the middle of nowhere my house was." I snicker, lifting the weight some more and Chris comes to spot me. Even though I didn't need the assistance.

I see him watch me softly and I already knew what this was about.

"Chris, about that date-."

"I'm excited too. I wanted us to just go on a run, walk...either or. I really want to get to know you. I tried to, but you always think I'm doing it with negative intentions. It's the opposite, actually." He smiles at me, and I nod slowly. "I mean it. I can tell you anything about me if you want. I am an open book for you."

I nod, sighing as I didn't know how I could deny his feelings now. I don't really like dates, but I already said I'd go. Amren was right about one thing. I don't have any feelings towards this date. I am finding this date...to be some kind of mission.

Something to get done and to accomplish with no faults.

"I don't know what to say," I shrug, sighing as I see him wait for me to explain, "What do you even like about me?"

Chris begins to smile, pulling back as I set the weight done. I start to pack up my things and see him just wait for me.

"I like your ambition. You also didn't let the fact that you're an orphan define you. You grew from that and became something better, better than everyone around! You're great...I admire your passionate drive to become Head Alpha and you're very close to achieving that, I believe in you." He nods surely and I felt my eyes soften upon him.

I haven't heard something like that before. I mean...I have, but not this. This was to an extent that was quite...I don't know the words.

"Thank you." I smile at him, watching him begin to blush. "I'm serious."

"I know. It's just not common to see you smile. I was just so certain you hated me." Chris sighed as if he releasing a breath he's been holding for forever. "It's nice to know you don't."

I don't say anything because I never hated him, but I didn't like him either. I had sex with him so that I could make Amren so uncomfortable that he'd never want to be around me. That was my way of doing so, but it had the opposite effect.