Chapter 15: A New Chapter Begins: The Chūnin Exam!

Click

        You locked the door to your apartment as you left. You then stepped out onto the bustling streets of Konohagakure. Taking lazy strides, you slowly made your way over to the rendezvous point, a bridge that stretched out over a small river that ran through the village.

        Sasuke was already there. He was leaning back against the railing of the bridge, his hands in his pockets. He looked up as he heard your quiet footsteps and sent you a nod. You returned it and walked over to perch on the railing beside him. 

        Sakura was the next to appear. As soon as she spotted you and Sasuke, she ran over, clasping her hands in front of her chest.

        "Ohayo (Good Morning), Sasuke-kun, (A/n)-chan!" she called.

        Sasuke, being the brooding boy he is, didn't even bother to acknowledge the pink-haired girl. Your eyes flickered up to meet hers, and you gave her a small nod in greeting. In return, she gave you a blinding smile, hopping up to sit next to you.

        Naruto was the last to arrive. His entire presence was overflowing with his radiant energy.

        "Good morning, Sakura-chaan!" he said with a cute voice. He then peeked behind Sakura, catching a glimpse of you. "Oh! You too, (A/n)-chan!"

        Suddenly, his bright grin dropped into a glare as he caught sight of the raven-haired Uchiha. They glowered at each other before childishly turning their heads away with a huff. 

        Time ticked by. The sun rose higher into the blue sky. Still, there was no sign of Kakashi. Your three teammates stood slumped against the rail of the bridge, exhausted. Finally, your sensei appeared.

        "Well... Ohayo, everyone... Today, I got lost," the silver-haired man greeted with a carefree tone.

        "OI!" the two loudmouths of your team shouted accusingly. Then, Naruto's attitude did a complete 180 as he looked up at Kakashi with starry eyes.

        "Ano sa, ano sa... Kakashi sensei-san!! Our Team Seven always has the easy missions lately! Aren't there more exciting missions where I can be more active, where I can use my Nindo and my soul, you know?" Naruto exclaimed with fire burning in his eyes. Kakashi only sweatdropped, stepping back with his hands up slightly.

        "Uh, hai, hai... I basically understand what you're trying to say."

        With no reason, Naruto began to glare at Sasuke. The latter gave him a weird look but started to glare at the blonde as well, not willing to back down. 

        "That's what I'd like to say!" Naruto abruptly shouted, the fire in his eyes burning brighter than ever.

        "Oi! Naruto, what are you doing? We're going on our mission!" Kakashi informed the daydreaming male. 

       "Okay!"

        "You've been so annoying for a while!" Sakura scolded. 

-------

        Your team's first mission for that day was to pull out the weeds in a woman's garden. You, Sasuke, and Sakura worked diligently and carefully, making sure not to pull out any of the herbs by accident. However, Naruto, who was determined to upstage Sasuke, pulled out all the vegetation in the poor woman's garden. Soon, the garden transformed into a bare, dirt field.