𝟏𝟐. 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬

- click the picture to see the full pic -

it's been a week from the big party in my trailer. it's sunday now and i'm packing up to go back home.

i'm way too excited to go back to california. i'm so excited to see my family and friends again and tell them everything about the city of atlanta.

i'm packing up listening to my shuffled playlist on spotify. kali uchis is playing on my phone when suddenly i'm interrupted by someone opening the door.

it's jacob.

"hey, whatever happened to knocking?," i ask him smiling.

"well everyone's always in here so since you let everyone in, i thought that knocking wouldn't be necessary."
he walked towards me and kissed me.

"who's playing?," he asks.

"kai uchis," i answer.

"ah kali uchis," he replies, "my sister listens to her."

i smile in response.

"i love makenna, she's awesome," i tell him.

"i can't wait for you to meet them in person. i can't wait to meet your family too. i'm so happy we live close in california, we could hang out all the time."

"i know right?," i tell him.

hannah walks in.

"hey y/n, do you want to sit next to me on the plane?," she asks.

"yeah sure," i reply.

"oouuu kai uchis, i love her," she adds in.

i laugh.

"by the way, three people can fit in a seat and xolo's sitting next to tanner so jacob can come along if he wants too," hannah resumed.

i look at him with a look on my face that says, "please?"

"alright alright," he tells me.

-mini time jump onto the plane-

it's a private plane for just us including the directors and producers.

i sit in between hannah and jacob.

this time, i'm not as scared as i was when i was on the plane going to atlanta. i think i've actually overcome my fear of heights.

shortly after take off, hannah takes out a vogue magazine she bought at the airport and reads it. jacob falls asleep on my shoulder and xolo, tanner, and gianni annoy the plane by singing like as if they were in an acapella group.

after about an hour, i take out my journal and start doodling.

not too long after that, jacob is awoken by xolo, tanner, and gianni's voices trying to hit the high notes in "halo" by beyoncé.

i'm honestly surprised that the flight attendant hasn't told them to shut up or the pilot's brain hasn't exploded yet.

"hey idiots lower your voices geez you woke me up," jacob yells across the plane.

"i think that you're just jealous that we sing better than you," gianni yells back at him laughing.

"oh be quiet i could win a karaoke competition over any of you guys," jacob replies.

"bet," tanner chimes in, "that side of the airplane versus this side of the airplane in singing."

everyone starts to get interested in the competition and we start talking about what song to sing.

on my side of the plane, i have jacob, hannah, mary, annalisa, nichole, william, and joe.

on the other side of the plane, there's xolo, gianni, tanner, bo, khalil, aedin, and ralph.

we start talking about what song we're going to do. i was the first one to choose. i chose super bass by nicki minaj.

william didn't know the song so we had to quickly teach him the chorus.

next it was the other team's turn.

they chose toxic by britney spears.

it was overall cringe and lowkey reminded me of the riff-off scene from pitch perfect but worse.

after a brief thirty minutes of singing, the flight attendant comes to the front of the plane.

"ladies and gentlemen we have landed at the LAX. thank you for flying with us and welcome to los angeles."