This Isnt how I imagined

The only good thing about the situation was that Aliza was not injured in any way.

Almost six hours had passed but Aliza was still in a deep slumber. They had found her in the middle of the woods, three hours away from New Orleans. Along with Lucien who was holding her in his arms, both were covered in blood.

The bodies of Tristan and all the other vampires scattered around with their hearts ripped out along with eight other humans.

Klaus had slaughtered many people but the thought of Aliza witnessing all this sent shivers down his spine.

He took a deep breath, leaning against the doorway as he watched Mithila press her lips against the back of Aliza's hand, holding it close to her chest.

Mithila had gained herself pretty quickly for the sake of Aliza after coming across Rome's dead body, his heart just lying near his legs.

Her eyes were bloodshot, unshed tears glistening in them. It was clear just how much pain Mithila was in, knowing that the love of her life died so tragically. Yet she was holding her tears back because Aliza was the primary concern for everyone.

Klaus respected the witch and the love she had for her daughter.

Vincent stood beside Mithila, his hand on her shoulder, comforting her in his own way. There was an ache on his face, losing the person who he considered his brother. The fact that Aliza must have witnessed Rome's death was what made the pain worse for him.

Freya glanced at Lucien, who was on the other side of the room, leaning against the window with his hands crossed and a grim look on his face.

He had not said a word since they found them. Freya had so many questions but given that he saved Aliza, Mithila had asked them to leave him alone.

Elijah was beside Klaus while Kol and Rebekah were outside the room along with Marcel, Camille, and Katherine.

Everyone stiffened when they noticed Aliza's eyes twitch.

Mithila braced herself, glancing at Vincent when Aliza's eyelids began to flutter slowly.

"Aliza?" She asked softly, squeezing her daughter's hand. Mithila's heart raced when Aliza slowly opened her eyes, her face pale and her eyes red with circles underneath them.

Vincent let out a shaky breath when Aliza opened her eyes.

She groaned, pressing a hand against her aching head. Aliza's head was hazy heavy. The light made her eyes ache but slowly Aliza was able to adjust to the brightness.

"Easy," Mithila said softly, reaching out and helping Aliza get up.

Aliza gingerly leaned against the headboard and glanced around the room. Her mother was sitting beside her, while Vincent stood next to Mithila.

"Where's dad?"

Aliza noticed the way her mother was looking at her. She glanced at Vincent, his lips quivering and tears pooling at the bottom of his eyes.

"Mom? Where is dad?" She asked again, louder than before.

"Aliza, I-"

Aliza pushed the bedsheet away, getting up, her legs wobbly as she walked past Mithila. She strode towards Lucien, who stood there completely still with his eyes wide.

"Where's my dad?" She asked, grabbing hold of Lucien's arms. Aliza gripped them tightly, her heart racing.

"Where's my dad?!" Aliza yelled as she shook Lucien's arms.

"Love, you need to rest," Klaus suggested, walking towards Aliza.

"I just want my dad!" Aliza screamed, "Where's my dad?!"