Raph x reader Part 2

Requested by @Official_Mad

Title: One Hundred Years of Solitude Part 2

"The world was so recent that many things lacked names, and in order to indicate them it was necessary to point. Every year during the month of- Raph, I'm not reading the entire book to you." Raph groaned from under me and shoved me off him, snatching the book from my hands as I rolled onto the floor. "Rude."

"Says the one that won't read a book to me." Raph grumbled as he shifted on the couch and opened the book, mouthing the words as he continued reading. I tilted my head and rolled onto my back to watch him as I pillowed my head with my arm. I still couldn't believe that this man- turtle- was mine. After all those times of his fighting with me and pushing me away, he had finally opened himself up to me and what I saw was beautiful.

"I love you." I whispered thoughtlessly as I continued staring at him, smiling slightly. Suddenly, he slammed the book shut and practically broke his neck with how fast he threw his gaze over to mine, eyes wider than pizzas. I quickly tried acting innocent and sucked my lips into my mouth as I turned away, cursing myself.

"What'd you say?" He demanded as I wondered if he even remembered to put his special bookmark in his place. Probably not. I quietly got onto my knees and shifted to where I was facing where he was laying, reaching over his body to feel around for his bookmark. After a few seconds of tense silence, I finally found it and yanked it from the couch, gently plucking the book from his limp grasp. Flipping the book open, I stuck the mark in where I'd last read and closed it, setting it down beside me as Raph slowly sat up, resting his elbows on his knees to get closer to me.

"I didn't say anything important." I finally muttered, looking around as I tried to hide my embarrassment. I couldn't deny it though, I already knew he'd heard what I'd said. He was a ninja after all. Maybe he'd heard me say it.

"Oh, so you telling me that you loving me isn't important?" Raph said, his voice cracking on the last word. I could already feel tears welling up in my eyes as I stared down at my knees, where my fists were clenched in my lap. I hated moments like this; where someone's mad at you and they're waiting for you to say something, but you have nothing to say so you're just sitting there trying not to cry while they just stare at you with judgmental eyes. I hated this feeling.

"I didn't say that-" Raph sighed, running his hands down his face as he sat back heavily, trying to calm himself down. Then, he sat strained forward again and crossed his arms as he looked up at the ceiling, seemingly trying to hide tears from me. I suddenly felt like crying myself.

"That's exactly what you just said. Just answer me, please. Do you think our love is unimportant, (y/n)?" I didn't know what to say. Our love? Did that imply that he loved me too? Did it? I didn't want to say the wrong thing, so I didn't say anything at all, still thinking. Turns out that that was not the answer he was looking for. "You know, (y/n), I do love you. I've loved you for as long as I've know you. And, that's okay if you don't feel the same; it's whatever, but don't play with me. It's not funny that you think that I'd ever be okay with this." He stood up to leave and I suddenly gasped, launching myself at him. I grunted as we fell onto the floor, him instinctively shielding my head and body with his own, his large hand cupping the back of my neck as he cradled me gently. His eyebrows furrowed and he opened his mouth to scold me, but I was already talking.

"Wait! Don't leave me, please! Of course I love you. Dod, I love you so much it hurts sometimes. I'm just scared that if I tell you how bad it hurts when you're gone, you'll make it hurt even more because you wouldn't ever feel the same about me. I mean- heck- you did hate me when we first met, so can you blame me? But, yes, I'll say it if you want me to. Raphael Hamato, I love you with my entire heart and soul and I couldn't live a day without being by your side." I didn't even realize I was crying, but when Raph bent down and gently rubbed his giant index finger against my cheek, I knew. I really did love him. I was in love with Raphael Hamato. "I love you, Raph." I said after taking a shaky breath.

He smiled at me- a huge, massive smile- and gently picked me up, spinning in a small circle. Then, he put his forehead to mine as he chuckled, squeezing me slightly. I was so in love, I didn't care. I didn't care that he was only holding me with one hand, I didn't care that his brother were probably watching us, and I didn't care that I was exhausted. I was in love, and that's all that mattered.

"Are you sure? Say it again." I giggled and wrapped my hands around his neck, bringing myself even closer to him.

"I love you, Raphael." He let out a loud, "ha!" and walked back over to the couch, sitting down with me still in his lap.

"And I love you too." He said as he pressed a kiss to my forehead, leaning down to pick up the book that we had yet to finish. And then, he opened it and began to read as I slowly drifted off to sleep, the warmth in my heart just enough to send me into a soft, love-filled slumber.

"'Things have a life of their own,' the gypsy proclaimed with a harsh accent. 'It's simply a matter of waking up their souls...'"

*points to oneshot* couldn't be me.