[Volume 1] Chapter 9

Ruby breathes a sigh of relief, then closes her eyes and clasps her hands as she gratefully whispers.

Ruby:  Normal knees...

She gets up and stares at the Death Stalker as it struggles to escape with its tail trapped in the ice

 Ruby: Whoa!

Yang rushes up to Ruby and gives her a hug.

Yang: So happy you're okay! 

The two stare at each other for a moment, then look up at the Nevermore still flying overhead and roaring.

Jaune:  Guys? That thing's circling back! What are we gonna d-

He was cut off by Y/N Spearing the death stalker trough the stomach.

Y/N: You all get going I will deal with the nevermore but be careful I'm sure there's more.

Weiss: Look, there's no sense in dilly-dallying. Our objective is right in front of us.

Ruby: Their right. Our mission is to grab an artifact and make it back to the . There's no point in fighting these things so Y/N you should come with us!

Y/N smiles and pats Ruby on the head to which she blushes.

Y/N: Don't worry Ruby I'm very capable.

Weiss: Trust me I wouldn't let him do this if he wasn't.

Ruby: Ok just promise me you will be ok.

Y/N: I give you my word.

Jaune: Run and live - that's an idea I can get behind!

Ruby goes over and grabs the same piece as her sister

Ren: Time we left!

Ruby: Right. Let's go!

She goes forward with everyone -Y/N following except for a smiling Yang and Blake as the latter approaches her partner

Blake: What is it?

Yang: Nothing... 

Y/N: You would you to get going!

Yang: Right right.

( The next scene is just the fight scene from the the episodes, I was going to do a more custom scene but I have been writing all day as all of these chapter for Volume 1 are being done for the next 2 days and then will be released every 3 days or so) 

An overhead shot shows that the group is heading out of the forest and into another abandoned series of structures as another Nevermore follows them from the air. They spread out when it passes above, concealing themselves behind some of the stone blocks with their allies as it perches on a high column and caws.

Yang: Well, that's great!

Jaune looks behind at a new Death Stalker bursting onto the scene.

Jaune: Ah, man, run! 

Ren: Nora, distract it!

Nora obliges, running out from her block and jumping through the feather projectiles before reaching behind her and launching several heart-topped shells from her grenade launcher, bursting into pink electricity when they hit the Nevermore and causing it to retreat. She is unaware of the Death Stalker rushing up behind her until Blake and Ren perform a cross-slash with their Gambol Shroud and against its shell. Weiss lands next to Nora so she can create a jumping platform beneath them and leap to safety while Blake and Ren are now being chased.