Age 8

Dear Diary,

Dear Diary,

Today was mine and Hopes first day at the Salvatore boarding school. They put me in the sophomore classes because of my high I.Q level. Lucky for Hope, our family moved to Mystic Falls with us so we could still be around them. My room is smaller than my last one but I don't mind, now I can pretend I'm Harry Potter! I'm friends with Lizzy and Josie Saltzman. Hope doesn't get along with Lizzie very well but they tolerate each other for Josie and I.

Till Next My Friend, Love, Olivia

"I wonder where they all went?" Hope says as we walk into our empty house.

"Probably to the grill," I tell her with a shrug. She nods and we head into the kitchen to make ourselves a snack.

Hopes makes herself a peanut butter and banana sandwich, and I make a peanut butter marshmallow sandwich.

"Ok, phasmatos incendia," I say making a candle light. "Ok, now extinguish it," I tell Hope pointing to the candle.

"Adiuutar," she says pointing her palm towards to the flam and it goes out. "I did it!" She shouts proudly.

I give her a hug as she bounces proud of herself. Suddenly we hear a crash come from the living room.

Hope reaches down and interlaces our fingers together. She motions for me to be quiet and I nod.

We slowly and carefully make our way into the living room. We carefully look into the room and see three masked figures.

Hope begins to shake and I squeeze her hand tighter. We watch as they run around throwing things everywhere.

I don't know what they want but I can tell they are human. Hope whimpers and their heads snap towards us.

"Hey! Get over here!" One of the men shouts pointing at us.

I squeeze Hope hand tightly and start to run. We try to run to the front door but one of the men blocks it.

We run to the back door but the third man is blocking it. They start stalking towards us.

Hope looks to me before dragging me up the stairs. The men continue to shout at us, but we continue to run.

Hope drags us into her room and locks the door. We climb on her bed and curl into the corner. The men start banging on the door and we both start crying.

"What are we gonna do?" I cry holding my sister.

"If they kill us we're gonna be stuck as eight years old forever, and if we kill them we'll activate the curse," she cries squeezing me close.

"Try to call mom," I tell her.

"I don't have my phone, I left it downstairs," she cries.

I pull out my phone and try to call mom but she doesn't answer. I call her ten more times but it goes straight to voice mail. I try to call dad but the same thing happens. It's like they have my calls blocked.

The door starts to crack and we both scream holding each other closer. "Please stop!" Hope shouts but they ignore us and continue.

"I don't wanna be stuck as an eight year old," I sob tears streaming down my face.

"If they get in we use or magic to send them flying backwards and then make a run for the front door," she says.

I nod and we watch as the door keeps cracking. "I'm gonna kill you little brats!" One of the men shouts. Hope and I both let out a sob.

With one more push the door breaks open. "Dimeterre!" Hope and I shout pushing our hands forward.

They all go flying back but what Hope and I didn't expect was for them to go tumbling down the stairs. We hear loud cracks and we walk out of her room to see them all laying at the bottom of the stairs dead.

Hope and I drop to our knees as a searing pain shots through our bodies. We look up at each other and ours shine gold.

We hug each other both of us a sobbing mess. That's how we stayed for an hour, crying and holding each other, looking down at the people we killed.

"WHY THE HELL DID YOU CALL ME!" Mom shouts as she walks through the door with the rest of our family.

They immediately look to the dead bodies on the floor and then too the two of us as we sob.

"What happened?" Elijah asks looking up to us.

"They broke in, and they were gonna kill us, we didn't mean too," Hope and I sob holding each other.

Mom rushed over and wrapped her arms around both of us. "It's ok my girls, everything's gonna be ok," mom whispers to us gently kissing both of us on the head.

This was the first time she had shown me affection since I was three.