3;15

A/n Long live the queen >:)

...

The Red Lotus is the world's newest threat! After confronting Zaheer, Korra learned that he is part of a secret society whose mission is to take out all the nations' leaders and destroy world order. But before Korra could warn anyone, she and Asami were apprehended by the Earth Queen's forces. And the Red Lotus have Mako, Bolin, and Kitty. Now both parties are headed toward Ba Sing Se.

...

"If you think holding us hostage will give you some leverage against the Avatar, you're gonna be very disappointed," Mako says to our abductors.

We've officially been captured by Zaheer and his people. They've tied us up, and now we're in the back of a van with the lavabender and waterbender- which, might I add, is really scary. Their names are Ghazan and Ming-Hua. Zaheer is driving, and the combustion bender, P'Li, is accompanying him in the front seat.

I'm finally in the presence of Zaheer. I feel beside myself. It's just, I know I know him. There's no way we didn't have any kind of interaction before. I feel like Tenzin, my father, even Lin, aren't telling me something about that night he tried to kidnap my sister.

... My sister, I hope she and Asami are ok. I know Zaheer doesn't have her, which is good, but there's no telling where they are.

Zaheer's eyes shift over to me. I quickly look away. I don't know, should I ask him? I kinda don't want to talk to him? I mean, how do you talk to someone who tried to Avatar-nap your sister? Plus, he's really scary. He broke into Zaofu. He didn't think twice before killing Aiwei, he was in prison for more than a decade and still broke himself and his friends out!

"Can't we just enjoy our time together in silence?" Ming-Hua asks, clearly annoyed by Mako.

"Why did you need my sister alive back in Zaofu? You had her paralyzed. Why didn't you just take her out when you had the chance?" I ask.

"Look, all you need to know is that the world is about to change, for the better," Ghazan answers.

"So you guys were like locked up for fifteen years, huh? It must've been like crazy boring," Bolin says.

"Actually, it was only thirteen years. But it felt like thirty."

"I mean, what did you do with all that time? Did you sing songs, work on crafts?" Bolin asks.

"Not a lot of craft supplies in a volcanic prison cell," Ming-Hua answers.

"And I must've renamed the constellations about a thousand times. When it rained, that was a big event," Ghazan adds.

"I would've killed for some rain. Mostly I just made up stories about the guards: who was having trouble with his girlfriend; which one secretly wished he'd become a pastry chef," Ming-Hua explains.

"Okay, that sounds like fun. Let me try that on you guys," Bolin says, and then turns his attention to the lavabender. "You were raised by an older sister, your mustache grew in when you were ten, and I'm sensing - just sensing an unspoken attraction between you two."

The two, Ming-Hua and Ghazan, glance at each other awkwardly. She gives him a sulking look, but eventually turns away. Wait, I think Bolin is right.

"Two out of three," Ghazan says with a smile. "Not bad."

He's totally lying.

"Bolin, would you stop making friends with the bad guys?" Mako asks rhetorically.