Chapter 36

A while after Adalyn left my family had come over and we spent time together

Me and Blaise were obviously squabbling like usual but as soon as my ma came we stopped. She would absolutely kill us.

Jake wasn't here but he was probably at a boxing game. He would just disappear to them sometimes and come back later on in the night

Rodrigo and Charlotte were here as well and they were all laughing at our antics.

Currently, I had Blaise over my shoulder and was walking towards the pool.

He banged his fist on my back and I used my arm to keep his legs still.
"Axel. Put me down!!! Axel!"

I chuckled and was getting closer to the pool but before I could I was stopped.
"Axel Damian Reid! You throw your brother in that pool and I'll force you to go in too."

My movement stopped immediately and Blaise started laughing.
"Ohh she used your full name Axel."

I turned around just as a pair of tongs were thrown at Rodrigo. He caught them and shot my ma a wink jokingly.

She sighed and my father glared at him placing his arm around her protectively.

Rodrigo's always been like this. I think he just likes to wind my father up.

"You might want to put him down Axel. She used your full name."
We all turned towards the door to see Adalyn standing there with a large smile on her face.

At the sight of her, I quickly put Blaise on his feet and walked towards her. I planted a kiss on her lips not caring who was watching and she wrapped her arms around her body.

"You've literally been away from her for 6 hours Axel."
I pulled away and kissed her nose making her laugh which was what I wanted.

"6 hours too long for me."

"Is what you mean by attachment issues Adalyn?"
I looked behind her to see Grace standing beside Demetri who just rolled his eyes.

"Grace. Shhh."

"Ohhh. Yep sorry."
She turned away from us as if that would stop us from seeing her.

"Were you talking shit about me precious?"
She nervously laughed in reply.

"Yes Axel. We were. Get over it."
Leah walked through the door and Charlotte quickly rose from her seat.

Leah looked at her and the two held eye contact for a moment before looking away from each other.

So it didn't work out between them then. I really hoped it would.

"Axel!!"
Adalyn pulled away from me and I knelt down seeing Arianna running towards me.

She ran into my arms and I picked her up.
"Hello there Ari."

She giggled and waved at me.
"Hello Axie."