5: Trick or treat, freak!

Y/n's pov

After school Mike, Lucas, Dustin and I were biking home.

Suddenly, a blue car came right at us, but swerved at the last second.

Lucas toppled into Mike, who toppled into me, and I fell on Dustin.

"Ow." I groaned, standing up.

I helped Dustin up while Lucas helped Mike up.

We saw a worried looking Max look back at us from the car as it drove off, heavy metal blasting from it.

——

"So, Maple at 7:00?" I asked.

"Yeah, bye!" Mike confirmed as he biked into his driveway.

"See ya!" Lucas said, also at his house.

"Bye!" I said as Dustin and I headed down our hill.

"So, what's the plan?" Dustin asked.

"I'll be over in around three hours." I said.

"Sounds good, see you, y/n!" Dustin called as he parked his bike in his driveway.

"Bye, Dust!" I called back.

I parked my bike and walked inside.

"Hey, sweetie. Your mom's just out getting groceries but she'll be back soon. I was just about to go watch the game with Ted- er, Mr. Wheeler." My dad said.

"Okay, dad. Don't forget that I'm going trick or treating soon." I said as I walked in the door.

"Okay, have fun! Oh and don't listen to your mother, eat as much candy as you want and make sure you hide it from her." My dad said with a chuckle.

"Okay, dad. Bye." I said, giggling.

My dad walked out the door and I threw my backpack into my room, skipping to the bathroom, my feet bouncing off the carpeted hallway floor as I hummed to myself.

I made sure my costume was ready and bounced back into my room, super excited about tonight.

(Okay, so basically your costume is just like the guys but you are wearing these big glasses and you have a patch that says melnitz on it and your hair's all curled unless of course you already have curly hair or glasses)

—————
Flashback
—————
We were all about 9 at the time, as we all sat in Mike's basement after a very successful evening of trick or treating.

"Okay, so this is a matter of life or death, but no matter what happens, we're still best friends." I said.

"Agreed." Dustin said.

"Yeah!" Will cheered.

We laughed and I dumped my pillow case of candy out onto the floor, the others doing the same.

And then began the ancient art of candy trading.

I already knew the guys really well, thanks to spending all of our time together, so I knew which candy they would trade for.

"Okay, who wants a black twizzler?" Mike asked, holding up the candy and shaking it a bit.

"Twizzler, seriously? I'll pass." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Gross, no way am I trading for that!" Lucas said, shaking his head.

"I'll take it!" Will said, handing Mike smarties and taking the disgusting candy.

"Alright then, uh, before we start for real, Dustin and y/n are gonna take everyone's three musketeers." Lucas said matter of factly.