fifteen

excuse mistakes

"SISSY" The fifteen-year old teenager squealed jumping into Dior's arms as she exited the plane.

"PAIGYY!" Dior squealed returning the same energy catching Paige.

Ja'Kye smacked his lips and grabbed the two big duffel bags that Paige brought along. "Y'all so extra."

"Hater in the room." Paige whispered getting down out of Dior's arms.

"Ain't nobody hating." Ja'Kye chuckled.

"Awwww is that my niece??" Paige asked with a pout forming on her face. She had seen the little girl all over her sister's and brother-in-law instagram and couldn't wait to meet her.

"Yes ma'am. That's Sahara. She just went to sleep before you landed." Dior replied carrying one of Paige's carry-on bags.

"Aww I can't wait until she wakes up we're gonna have so much for the next three weeks." Paige grinned. Paige was currently on spring break, even though it only lasted a week she was virtual which meant that she could do the two weeks in Texas.

"C'mon it's raining and shit." Ja'Kye spoke motioning for the girls to head to baggage claim.

—-

"So what's been up with you?" Dior asked her mini me. Paige looked every bit of Dior from the skin complexion to the shape of body.

Paige sighed and looked at her hands. It took her a minute to respond because she had been through so much since the last time she and Dior were in the same room.

Dior's eyebrows scrunched together when she saw her sister crying silently shaking her leg. "Toosie what's going on?" She asked calling Paige by her nickname.

"I-I would do anything to stay here with you." Paige sniffled finally looking up at her big sister.

"What's going on down there toos?" Dior asked now ready to call her parents.

"I-It just feels like I'm raising myself. I feel invisible down there. Mama and dad treat me like they wish I wasn't even there." Paige stated wiping under her eyes.

Dior sighed. She knew that Paige was most likely telling the truth. Her parents only cared about themselves. They had been like that every since her and her brother were kids. That's the main reason she moved back to Houston. Her parents weren't fit to be parents they were very neglectful. While they still called once in a while it was only when they needed money. Dior's parents always put on like they were parents of the year but everybody knew that it was a fake act.

"Have you told Dasani?" Dior asked.

Dasani was Dior and Paige's older brother. He was never the big brother that most girls dreamed for. Dasani used to bully Dior because of how darker she was then him. He also used to allow boys to pick on Dior when they were younger. Apart of the reason why Ja'Kye and Dior became best friends when they were little. Ja'Kye used to defend beat up all the boys who picked on Dior.

"Dasani never answers my calls or texts. I haven't seen him in months." Paige mumbled.

"Are you serious? He still with that girl?" Dior asked shaking her head.

"Yes." Paige replied.

"You can stay here as long as you want toosie, hell if you get their permission you can live here. Since they act like they don't know how to be parents." Dior stated getting mad.

Paige continued sniffling and wiping her face.

"What else is going on?" Dior asked scrunching her eyebrows.