Chapter 29- Christmas Eve

C H A P T E R  2 9

C H R I S T M A S E V E

"She was broken and no one knew"

Song-I'll be good; Jaymes young

Marlee

Panic washes over me.

He was here, in the house.

The dark cloud that's been looming over me finally started raining. I blindly threw my phone down and grabbed one of Cams sweaters along with some leggings I left here. I open the door and walk to the bathroom.

Locking the door, I turn on the shower and take off my clothes. I leave the water on cold and step in. My legs give out from under me and I crumble to the floor. The cold water doesn't faze me, the numbness in my body prevents that.

I bring my knees to my chest and stare at the shower wall in front of me. Water runs down my body and my hair sticks to my shoulders. Time is lost and the thoughts slip from my brain.

The water blends with my tears and I don't even realize I'm crying until a dull ache forms in my head and my nose is running.

How much longer am I going to be able to handle this? When is it going to stop?

"Mar?" Theo knocks at the bathroom door. I reach up and turn off the shower before standing up.

"Yeah" I call back, my voice sounds hoarse but I cover it with a fake cough.

"Breakfast is ready."

"I'll be down in a minute." I call back, wrapping a towel around my body and hair. His footsteps retreat down the hall a few moments later. After getting dressed and rinsing my face so it looks normal again, I go down stairs.

Everyone is in the kitchen, on the floor, sitting on the counter or at the table. Grayson hands me a plate "I made you some before it was all gone."

I force a smile "thanks"

Everyone talks while eating breakfast. I poke around my plate but can't stomach any food. Making sure to cut it up and move it around so it looked like I did eat, I throw my plate away.

"The ice skating rink is open, you kids should go." Sara informs us. Everyone looks to each other, agreeing silently.

"Sounds good to me, hopefully no one breaks any bones this time." Addie says sending a pointed look to Theo.