1:TWENTY

▪︎

▪︎

The atmosphere was fairly lively as Vienna moved down the hallway, her swords on her back and a knife twirling in her hand as she walked.

Both fairies and specialists were excited over the prospect of classes being cancelled for the remainder of the day, all due to the fact that the Queen of Solaria was visiting the academy at noon.

The young Silva girl weaved through the fairly crowded hallway as she headed towards the specialists training ground, determined to get in any amount of training that she could.

"Hey! Vie!"

Vienna twirled around to find Terra standing a couple metres behind her, accompanied with another girl she didn't recognise.

"Hey T," the girl responded with a smile. "Who's this?" she questioned with interest, her eyes moving towards the other dark-haired girl.

"Oh, this is Musa. She's my roommate."

Musa gave the girl a small smile. "Hi."

Vienna gave another smile in response before turning back towards the earth fairy. "What's up?"

"Well um.. I was just wondering if. Uh.."

"We wanted to know if Silva told you anything of importance lately," Musa cut off. "All the adults are acting suspicious and we want to know why."

"Um.." Vienna trailed off as she raised a brow. "I haven't been told anything. Why exactly are you suspicious?"

"My dad is hiding something from me," Terra admitted. "I know that doesn't sound that bad but he never keeps things from me."

Vienna's eyes moved around the hall, suddenly becoming aware of all the ears that could potentially be listening in. "Let's move away from here before you say anything, just in case."

The two girls followed as Vienna pushed open a door to a random classroom. After peeking through the slight crack of the door and realising the room was empty, she pushed it open fully and gestured for the other girls to walk in.

After shutting the door to a close, she moved over to the desk and perched herself on top of it, her hands on her knees as she eyed Terra and Musa with interest.

"Okay, tell me everything."

🗡🗡🗡

"Alright," Vienna announced as she stepped into her father's office, swiftly closing the door behind her. "What's going on?"

Silva looked up from where he was sitting at his desk, a questioning gaze on his face. "What are you talking about?"

"I thought you promised to not keep things from me?" the girl spoke as she pulled out a chair opposite his desk. She sat down and leaned back against the back of the chair, her legs thrown up on the desk as they crossed at the ankles. "Apparently Auntie F and Professor Harvey have been acting shifty, and I can bet on my two beloved knives that you're involved too."

Silva ran a hand down his face as he sat back, the pen he was holding now laying abandoned on the desk. "You're right. I promised." He went quiet for a few moments, his fingers drumming against the arm of his chair. "You remember Callum right?"

Vienna nodded at him. "The assistant right? The one that seems to be missing?"

"That's correct. We found him." He paused for a few moments, as if he was trying to figure out how to relay the news. "Someone killed him."

"What?" Vienna questioned in shock, bringing her feet back to the floor as she straightened her posture. "Where was he?"

"In Farah's office," the man revealed with a grim expression. "There's a false bookshelf in there, and she realised that someone had tampered with the warding spell." Vienna listened intently as he went on. "Ben was attempting to figure out what kind of magic was used, but we didn't anticipate finding Callum's body right by the shelf. Someone had used magic to conceal the body right in thin air, invisible to the eye."

"Wait," Vienna breathed out as she leaned forward slightly, the hair on the back of her neck standing up as realisation struck her. "Are you saying..?"

"Someone at this school killed him, Vie," Silva finished with a grim nod, "unless someone managed to infiltrate this school, one of the students has murdered and managed to get away with it for this long."

"I.." the girl trailed off as her mind raced with thousands of thoughts and possibilities "Terra said Professor Harvey was working on some kind of project for Farah in the greenhouse."

"Yeah, he's making a tracker. He took a sample of the magical signature that was used to kill Callum. I didn't understand half of what he said, but apparently what he's making should be able to identify the fairy who did this."

"That explains the assembly. I'm guessing that's just to get everyone together."

Silva nodded. "Queen Luna is going to give a speech regarding the threat of the Burned Ones, but it's also so we can find the murderer using whatever it is that Ben is making."

"Dad, what if.. what if this murder is somehow connected to the increase in Burned Ones roaming around Alfea?"

Silva stared at her as a small frown appeared on his face. "That's what I'm afraid of."

▪︎☆▪︎

My deadlines have been met and im back!! First of all, I wanted to say thank you so much

My deadlines have been met and im back!! First of all, I wanted to say thank you so much. In past few days, Penumbra has managed to hit number 1 in both #sky and #winxclub, as well as hitting 40k. It's so insane to me.

This was never supposed to be one of my serious books. I just wanted to have a lil fun with this book whilst I actually tried to craft my other books in great detail. I never anticipated this much love on this book and I'm so so grateful for all of you. Next stop, 50k ;)

A x