When They're Clingy

REQUESTED BY: clempetit

A/N: Sorry for the wait on these! I kinda fell out of updating on Wattpad for a while. I've got a whole list to get through, and hopefully I can keep up a streak for now.

Anyway, I just realized that we've almost got 150 chapters (some are still WIPs, whoops) on this book. In the event I run out of space before y'all stop having ideas, I'll still have my tumblr for you to look at. I'll make sure to link it at the end of the book.

--

Tanjiro:

Something or other had gotten him jealous, it seemed - because Tanjiro had been shadowing you all day, just out of sight. You could tell he was following you when he ducked behind a cart in the village you'd stopped in.

You sighed, thanking the seller for the fruit as you pocketed it. Their giggling followed you as you walked up to his hiding spot and folded your arms across your chest at his guilty smile. "Got something to tell me?"

"Sorry," he apologized meekly. "I just... wanted to make sure you were okay."

You softened, extending a hand. "You could have just told me. I'd have told the boys to go on without us."

Nezuko:

Nezuko had been hugging on you all evening. From the second she emerged from the box, she was touching you - either holding your hand or arm, or clinging to your middle, or even attempting to get a piggyback ride out of you. You had no idea what brought this on, until Tanjiro mentioned that she'd seen a young couple that they'd saved hugging each other in relief after a demon attack and wanted to do the same with you.

Zenitsu:

Sometimes he gets jealous. Maybe Tanjiro has spent a lot of time hanging out with you, or you've sparred with Inosuke one too many times, or maybe you've had a close call on the job. Either way, he's going to hug on you and not let go, begging for a kiss here, or to lay his head in your lap there. He doesn't want to be out of your sight, because he needs confirmation that you aren't going to leave for good anytime soon.

Inosuke:

Something had gotten him a little jealous today, whether it was you helping Tanjiro cook breakfast or it was Zenitsu hanging off of you and blubbering in fear during a demon attack the night before. Either way, he couldn't keep away from you, huffing and puffing every time you had to go do something else.

Finally he just demanded to spar, and spar you did - when you ended up knocking him out against a tree, he finally mellowed out and sat next to you as you patched up the bump on his head.

Giyuu:

Either someone said something mean to him, or he had another nightmare. Whatever it was, Giyuu just couldn't seem to leave your side. He was always one step behind you, sullen-faced as usual, and when you finally sat down to rest, he sat behind you and rested his forehead on the back of your head.

Kyojuro:

Spending weekends at Kyojuro's family home means he'll be a little more affectionate than usual - but he won't say a word as to why. (You found out once, while he was half-asleep, that it was because being around his father made him insecure and he needs your presence to feel reassured). When you're out and about, his hand on your shoulder keeps you near, or you're hand-in-hand through the gardens with Senjuro walking ahead of you. When you sit together at dinner, his hand remains on your leg during dinner, and sometimes you give it an affectionate squeeze to remind him that you've got his back.

Muichiro:

Whenever he's feeling particularly sour, he clings to your side and will hardly ever let go. Literally. He'll loop his arms around yours and walk with you wherever you go, sullen-faced and eyeing everyone who talks to you - unless it's Tanjiro, of course - but he still won't let go.

Shinobu:

Shinobu had somehow gotten drunk in a rare display of carelessness, and when you tried to get her to her room for the night, she clung to you with incredible strength. She blubbered about how much she loved you and how much she hated demons as you struggled to carry her down the hall, tried to smooch all over your face when you let her hair down from the butterfly pin, and stubbornly refused to let go of your kimono sleeve when you attempted to leave.

Finally, you gave up and got into bed with her, allowing her to hug you close.

Gyomei:

Gyomei must have been having a horrible morning, because when you awoke and went to get breakfast, he asked if you wouldn't mind just spending a day together. You just couldn't say no to the apprehensive look on his face, and so you agreed and spent the day alone. He wouldn't leave your side, your hand cradled in his, though he didn't say anything about what had made him so melancholy.

Sanemi:

Whenever he's feeling particularly horrible about himself, he'll demand you take a day off with him just to do something. He's irritable, but quiet - and constantly has a hand on your back, even as you sit with him and talk.

Akaza:

Sometimes, he'll be reminded of just how easily everything he's worked for can be taken away again - and on those nights, he comes to your home just to spend time with you. You'll sit together for hours and just talk, talk about things you've done, talk about things you want to do in the future, and especially about your future together. It reassures him that he's not going to lose you as easily as he thought and to ground himself with confidence that you can handle yourself if need be.

Douma:

If he's had a particularly boring day, he likes to take it out on you - Douma annoys you by draping himself over you, asking for attention from his favorite 'admirer'. When you inevitably comply, his smile is blinding as he traps you in his lap and won't let you get up for a while.

Kokushibo:

Sometimes, your reticent boyfriend wants to dote on you - and when he does, it usually involves holding you close in his lap as he either runs his fingers through your hair or reads from a scroll. He hardly lets you get up, unless you absolutely need to, and even then he'll shadow you until you come back (unless it's to use the bathroom, he's not that far gone yet).

Muzan:

Sometimes he feels the need to establish who you belong to when some uppity weaker beings decide to pick on you. Just the sight of their master sends them scrambling all over themselves to get away, fear all over their faces as they apologize and run. Sometimes he'll humor them a bit, but most of the time they later end up dead for messing with you.

Yoriichi:

He doesn't usually hang off of you like this, but it seemed to be one of those days where Yoriichi just couldn't keep his hands to himself. Either you were hand-in-hand or he had his arm looped around yours, or an arm around your shoulder. Every time you asked about it, he gave you a pouty look and admitted he just wanted to be close to you.

--

A/N: Please tell me what you thought.