Ch 236: A Pure Person

There is deathly silence in the dining hall. Everyone stares at the bell in Lin Ye's hand.

Their faces are full of disbelief at what had happened before their eyes. Even Lin Ye can't believe what just happened. At first, the bell felt heavy in his hand, so he thought he could just give up and put the bell down because of how tiring it was to hold it. However, when he tried to put it down, it rang. and it was loud.

No one dared to make a sound. They looked at him with conflicted eyes.

Finally, after a long awkward silence and getting stares from the others, he smiles awkwardly and says " W-Woah...Your holy bell...it's pretty loud."

Sussurro, who is holding her ears down, nods in agreement.

Seeing her like that, Lin Ye puts the bell down on top of the table and goes to her worryingly. "Hey. are you okay? Do your ears hurt?"

Sussurro looks at how worried he is, shakes her head and says "N-No, it just caught me by surprise. You don't need to worry Dr. Lin."

Lin Ye sighed in relief and pats her head. "I'm glad."

Cliffheart finally broke her trance and shouts. "Wow! The bell actually rang! Onee-chan, Dr. Lin really rang the holy bell!"

Pramanix's expression is still very complicated. She looks up at Lin Ye and asks softly, "How did you do it?"

"U-Um... Honestly, I have no idea." Lin Ye scratches his head, "I shook it, and it rang. Could it be that what you were said was just a rumour?" he then points at Green.

Butler Green also speaks up, even his expression is very puzzled "The legend does not lie... The condition for one to ring the bell is no legend but a fact. For at least so many years, I have never seen a man ring the holy bell. Even the wisest old man in the clan can't..." he says, what he thought of, and looks up at Lin Ye, and thought

"Is it possible? Are not actually a man?"

Lin Ye stares and blankly says "I am a man. I am a pure human. By the way, your holy bell can't distinguish the gender of the bell ringer? That's dumb."

"This is a token of the gods." Matterhorn says, "How is this possible?"

"Then it thinks I am a female?"

".. Something may be wrong. "

"I will repeat it slowly. I. Am. A. Man."

"I know you are a man." Matterhorn nods, "But for so many years, Kjerag has never had a saintess man."

"Can you not say the word 'saintess man'? Don't you think "saint" is better?" Lin Ye is speechless.

Butler Green coughs twice, then Cliffheart asks again "Grandpa Green, you just said how many conditions are needed to shake the holy bell, Three, right? Could it be that the other two conditions, Doctor Lin Ye have met them?"

"Young Miss, being a native of Kjerag is not one of the conditions. As for the other conditions I mentioned, that is, they must be physically and mentally pure." Butler Green looks at Lin Ye, and whispers," It doesn't matter if Doctor Lin Ye is a man or not. But since he can shake the holy bell, it means that the holy bell agrees that his body and mind is indeed pure."

"What does it mean to be a person with a pure body and mind?" Sussurro asks with some doubts, "Does it just mean they love being clean?"

"Well." The Butler Green smiles," Naturally pure body is because he is a vir-."

Lin Ye coughs suddenly, interrupting him.

"Okay." Lin Ye quickly changes the topic from his body purity "This holy bell, I took it, and it rang. There is nothing wrong, right? At least it can prove that I am indeed a pure person. Or Am I wrong Miss Pramanix?"

At this time, Pramanix who had been silent for a long time sighed softly and finally utters "It is true. The holy bell will definitely not be rung by people with filthy hearts. Since you can ring the holy bell, it is enough to prove that you have been recognized by the god, and you are not a wicked person."

He didn't know if it was his imagination but the way she talks differently. Like a monk wearing robes would sound like.

Cliffheart becomes excited "In other words, Doctor Lin can enter the holy road?" Before Pramanix had time to express herself, Matterhorn instantly denies it "No! Absolutely not!"

"Why?" Cliffheart becomes annoyed, "You clearly agreed just now."

"No, I didn't agree." Matterhorn says, "I just didn't speak."

Really? What are you? Seven? thought to himself.

"Aren't you all too reckless?!" Matterhorn's face is a little red, but for the safety of Pramanix and Cliffheart, he gritted his teeth and says, "Even if you think I am going to lie, I will definitely not let you go. This is my duty."

"Why? Is the holy road dangerous?" Cliffheart argues, "Many people had already walk it before."

"But you are not the same as them, or you can't do it now," Matterhorn desperately tries to explain. "If it is like usual, you can all go without any worries. However, now that we know that someone wanted both of you to be here, it is too dangerous. Do you think these people are just playing pranks? Do we know that they won't use you and the Mistress to target the Master?"

Cliffheart is dumbfounded by what he said.

Matterhorn sighs "Miss, let me tell you the truth. Do you know how many people are staring at the Master's position? If you and Mistress are away, Master becomes unbeatable. I don't believe anyone can beat the master. But when you both are back; the master also has a weakness and the possibility of him being put down increases drastically." says Matterhorn

Then he looks at Lin Ye again. "Doctor Lin, although I don't know why you want to go to the holy mountain, this is not the time. For the safety of the eldest and the second daughter of the Silverash Family, you'd better not make similar suggestions again."

Lin Ye stubborn stares at him, not willingly going down without a fight. They lock their eyes in a heated staring contest. With his training against Silverash last night, Lin Ye likes his odds against Matterhorn. But before he can continue his fight. A voice broke the silence.

"Let's go," Pramanix says suddenly. Everyone is stunned, then turned to look at Pramanix. Except for Lin Ye who only smirks at her. Knowing that he already won.

Pramanix had already stood up, she looks around at everyone, and whispers "Perhaps, this the will of God? Doctor Lin Ye obviously does not have the conditions to ring the holy bell, but the holy bell still rings. This is indeed what I have agreed on going to the mountain if the bell rings and it did. This is Dr. Lin Ye's test, but does this also mean that this is a test given to me by God? God has already expressed her wants and will provide it the best I can."

...Wait a minute, did you just lowkey deny that I'm not a pure person?! What the hell! Girls are evil!

Matterhorn suddenly becomes anxious "Mistress-!"

"I have already decided." Pramanix says, "Let's go now."

He grits his teeth "I have to tell the master."

"Mr. Matterhorn, you seem to have forgotten one thing." she glances at Matterhorn, and says in a cold and extremely majestic voice, "I, Anya Silverash, is the saintess of Kjerag and the first person under God. Enciodas Silverash has no control of my will!"

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq