What They Do While You're Pregnant/Talking to Baby

REQUESTED BY: clempetit

A/N: Giving the bois some family fluff. (For the Moons, you've been turned already.)

--

Tanjiro:

Even now he can't believe you're pregnant. He's the most attentive husband/father, never complaining even when you crave increasingly strange things. Every single day he makes sure to talk to your unborn child at least once, saying hello and patting your stomach (even when you're not actually showing yet). His patience effectively pays off when the baby starts kicking, and every time he greets them they kick against his hand.

Zenitsu:

He has the tendency to blubber like a baby every time something new happens with your unborn child. Are they growing? He cries. Are they kicking? He cries. Are they healthy? He's hugging you and blubbering about how happy he is to have you both. He makes it a habit to talk to them any chance he gets, and when you get bigger, he hugs your belly and presses his cheek to it just to feel them kick. He loves doting on you while you're pregnant.

Inosuke:

He's easy to have around when you need something. When you ask him to get something, he gets it - and positively glows when you praise him for it. He loves talking to your unborn child, even when they can't hear his voice yet. He's proud of them even while they're tiny. He often likes to joke about how they'll become a force to be reckoned with, especially when they start kicking - they kick hard. You always tell him they get it from him.

Giyuu:

He's so attentive and calm, checking up on you both and making sure to say hello to your little one whenever he can. His favorite pastime is lying with his head in your lap and his ear to your stomach.

Kyojuro:

He loves being a dad-to-be. He never complains when you ask him to do things for you and is such a calming presence during your pregnancy. Sometimes when you're lying in bed, he'll talk to your unborn child and ask them questions. When the baby begins kicking, his eyes light up and he'll turn to you in joy.

Muichiro:

He's a little nervous about your pregnancy (twins, he bemoans, of course it's twins), but you try your best to keep a stiff upper lip for both of you.  Eventually he starts to let his guard down and likes to sit with you trying to feel your unborn children.

Gyomei:

He's eternally patient with you as your pregnancy goes on, praying over your unborn child every morning and every night. When they start kicking for the first time, he cries and says that it's one of the best feelings he's ever had.

Sanemi:

He's surprisingly patient during the pregnancy. His temper is very reined in and he likes to lie down with his face pressed against your belly, talking softly to your unborn baby. You'd almost think this was an impostor masquerading as your husband - but then you ask him to get you some anmitsu and you can hear him yelling across town at the sorry demon that crosses his path and you think, yep, that's your husband. Pregnancy just makes him soft.

Akaza:

Every single bit of this is so incredibly new to him, and to you too - you'd been turned not even two months before finding out you were pregnant, and once you both knew, Muzan knew as well. Seeing Muzan for testing always stresses out your husband even though he knows his master wouldn't hurt you. When the baby starts to kick, he tries to feel them any chance he gets, and every single time it brings a smile to his face. Whenever you sleep during the day, he softly talks with them.

Douma:

This is very new, both for Douma and for the Paradise cult. The members have taken to worshipping you by proxy, claiming that you're carrying the chosen heir to their lord. The attention stresses you out, but he has his ways of calming you down. Douma is like a curious child around your unborn baby, asking them questions and trying to feel them when they kick.

Kokushibo:

He still has some intrinsic knowledge about how your pregnancy works, though he doesn't recall why at first. He has some outdated pregnancy tips, but for the most part, he sticks to helping you around the house and with your cravings - despite your despair over it, you crave blood a lot more than usual. When your unborn child starts kicking, the first time he feels it his eyes grow incredibly soft - a look you only ever see pointed towards you in moments of intimacy. He doesn't mind letting Muzan be your doctor, in fact he's proud to be the first of their kind to successfully reproduce with a halfling (or would it be quarterling, since he changed you?).

Muzan:

Muzan is incredibly attentive, to the point of it being a little annoying sometimes. This is bigger than big though, and you know that - this is the first time that a full demon has reproduced with a halfling, and everyone is anticipating the baby's arrival - though you're both careful to keep that knowledge only between you two and his upper six. Whenever he checks up on the unborn baby, he likes to talk to them and make sure he can feel their kicks.

Yoriichi:

He's so anxious - yet excited. When he learns of your pregnancy originally a heavy blanket of dread fell over him, but as time went on, you managed to get him to shed some of that anxiety and relax a little. He's so attentive and cautious, not wanting to leave you for even a day. When your baby kicks for the first time, he cries and says a prayer to the gods, recalling quite painfully his former family.

--

A/N: Nothing like a quick gut-punch of angst at the end there. Sorry.

Please tell me what you thought.