You Have a Nightmare

REQUESTED BY: clempetit

A/N: Even more angst.

--

Tanjiro:

He feels you thrashing about before he realizes what's happening - and when you awake with a start, tears staining your cheeks, he barely has enough time to catch you as you collapse into his arms sobbing.

He can't help but cry with you as you recount your horrifying nightmare, and he reassures you that he's not going anywhere.

Nezuko:

She immediately sees what's happening, having let you fall asleep in her lap - and when you awake, you immediately grab onto her and cry into her chest, blubbering about how you'd dreamt she died.

She soothes your tears by holding you tight, wiping them from your eyes and cupping your cheek in her hand. "Not dead, see?" she says, letting you hold her face in your own.

Zenitsu:

Zenitsu hears you having a nightmare before you even wake up - and when you do, he's right there, asking you what's wrong. He holds you tight as you cry into his shoulder, promising he's not leaving you.

Inosuke:

Your thrashing about wakes him up, and as he angrily asks you what you're doing, you wake up - and immediately burst into tears. He panics a bit, not expecting that kind of reaction, and ends up holding you as you cry into his chest.

Giyuu:

Tomioka just always seems to be around when you have awful nightmares - and every single time, he's there when you awake, holding you tight with eyes full of sorrow as he asks you about your dream. He can't bring himself to even speak as he just holds you there, hiding his face in your hair.

Kyojuro:

Your usually-cheerful husband's face is drawn with concern as he cups your cheek, asking you what your nightmare was about. His voice is soothing to your frayed nerves as he reassures you that he's still alive and that he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Muichiro:

You manage to wake up your husband with your flailing in bed, and after he gets over the initial irritation of being so rudely awakened, he realizes what's happening and shakes you awake.

The sight of your tearful face is too much, and he hugs you tight as you sob into his shoulder, reassuring you that he's still here.

Shinobu:

You wake up alone, only fueling your panic as you curl into a ball and sob. She eventually hears what's going on and rushes to your side, letting you climb into her lap and cling to her as you recount your nightmare.

Her voice is tender yet firm as she reassures you that she's still alive, though she can't fight the rising emotion in her chest at the sight of your trembling form.

Gyomei:

He wakes up to you whimpering and tossing about, and as soon as he grasps for your hand you awake with a gasp. Then the tears come, and he can't help but cry with you as you whimper and sob, clinging to his arms as if you're terrified he's going to disappear.

Sanemi:

He startles awake at your shout, and as he turns to you to ask what in the hell's happening, you're crying and hyperventilating, and he's pulling you into his arms as he demands to know what's got you so scared.

It hurts him so bad to see you shaking like a leaf, and his grip is just a little tighter as you tell him about the nightmare that you just had.

Akaza:

He hears you shout from your bedroom and is immediately with you as you collapse on your knees sobbing, and he holds you to his chest as you recount the awful nightmare you just had. It hurts what's left of his heart to see you so terrified, and he promises you that he's not leaving any time soon.

Douma:

You end up finding your way to his lotus, and at the sight of you so indisposed his smile falters for a moment before he scoops you up and prods the nightmare out.

He's eerily calm (typical for the cult leader) as he comforts you, telling you not to be so terrified of a simple nightmare.

Kokushibo:

He hears you before he sees you as you stumble out onto the back porch, teary-eyed and shaking like a leaf. You visibly sag in relief and sit next to him on the wood, telling him about the nightmare.

He tells you not to let it get to you and offers to train you to get your mind off of it - surprisingly, it works really well.

Muzan:

You wake up alone, and it definitely doesn't help your blind terror. You wander around the fortress until you find your husband working on a new compound, and you sag against the door in relief. He asks you what's wrong, but just the sight eases your worry and you wave it off, asking to sit in on his experiments.

Yoriichi:

Your husband is immediately at your side as you violently wake from a horrible nightmare, crying into his chest and hysterical as you try to reassure yourself that you didn't go from one nightmare into another.

He holds you tight, barely able to keep his own emotions at bay as he tries to reassure you that he's real, he's here, and he's not leaving.

--

A/N: You're welcome for the angst. :)

Please tell me what you thought.