ANIMA

ANIMA

Soul

"Yoongi, there's a package on the porch. Did you order something?"

My voice echoed up the stairs from the entryway and I heard Yoongi call down from his office upstairs.

"Yeah! I'll be right down, babe!"

Babe...

It was still so surreal, waking up next to him every morning, smelling the coffee and tangerines like clockwork at 7am. It was sometimes hard to believe how domestic we had become in such a short time, but the farmhouse was practically begging for a family to warm it up. After being like a hollow shell for the past few years, it was yearning for late night conversations in the sun porch and sloppy kisses after too much wine.

"What is it?" I asked, handing the flat rectangular box to Yoongi.

"I got you something," he fidgeted, licking his lips, gently pushing the box back towards me.

He's always so shy when he gives me anything. It's adorable.

I tilted my head and playfully pouted at him with the "You shouldn't have" face.

"Yoongi..."

I lifted the packing paper inside, revealing the antique score to Dvorak's New World Symphony that we had held and admired together in New York.

"You bought this for me?" I gasped softly through tears, "How?"

"I called the bookstore after we left and asked them to ship it to the house. I paid over the phone," he started to relax, walking over to wrap his arm around me.

"It's my favorite piece... And this is an antique copy... I don't know what to say..." I took a breath, looking down at the beautiful book sitting on the table next to me, feeling Yoongi's hand tracing up and down my arm, "Thank you. Thank you so much. I love it."

"I couldn't pass it up, but I didn't want it to get damaged while we were running around the city, so I figured I'd just make it into a surprise for when we got home. So... surprise!" he smiled, laughing softly.