[6] - 𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘣𝘪𝘯𝘥

STEVE WENT TO LONDON to attend Peggy Carter's funeral. Sam, Y/N, and Natasha tagged along, supporting their fellow Avenger and friend. Once it was over, Steve stayed behind in the church, in his thoughts and looking at the picture of his late lover.

Y/N and Natasha walked up to Steve. He turned around and noticed his two friends.

"When I came out of the ice, I thought everyone I had known was gone." Steve looked back at Peggy's picture, "Then I found out she was alive. I was just lucky to have her."

"She had you back, too." Y/N replied.

Steve sighed, choosing to change the subject. "Did you sign?"

Y/N had his hands in his pockets. He actually did sign, agreeing with Vision and Tony. He thought about it in his sleep, thinking it'd be best for the team...and for Wanda. With the accords, he hoped the government and people of the world will begin to trust her, and not fear her anymore. He wanted them to see her as the hero he sees her as.

"I did."

"Anybody else?"

"Tony, Rhodey, Vision." Natasha answered. She had also signed.

"Clint?" Steve asked.

"Says he's retired."

"Lucky son of a bitch doesn't have to deal with this mess." Y/N remarked.

"Wanda?"

Y/N sighed, "To be determined." He hoped she can agree with him.

"I'm off to Vienna for the signing of the Accords. There's plenty of room on the jet." Natasha offered to Steve, hoping he'd change his mind and sign as well. Y/N already had his mind set on going back to the Avengers compound.

Steve sighed, and she noticed his reluctance.

"Just because it's the path of least resistance doesn't mean it's the wrong path. Staying together is more important than how we stay together." She added.

"What are we giving up to do it?"

Y/N sighed, understanding where Steve is coming from.

"I'm sorry. I can't sign it."

"We know." Natasha replied.

"Then what are you two doing here?"

"We didn't want you to be alone." Y/N answered.

Steve gave a nod, and embraced the two.

• • •

SPECTER LANDED ON THE LAWN. He walked to the doors of the facility, transforming from his hero attire back to his regular one with one swift action.

He entered the building, making into the lounge. He saw Vision sitting on the sofa in front of a chess board.

"Hey, Vis."

"Y/N, did the trip back suit you well?"

Y/N walked over to the synthezoid, "The flight went well. And I'm not talking about a plane."

Y/N flew from London back to the facility himself. With his speed, it took only a couple hours compared to the seven he'd spend on a regular flight.

He looked down at the board, "You're playing chess by yourself?"

"Frankly, it's quite interesting." Vision replied.

Y/N chuckled as he sat down on the sofa across from him, "I never got the gist of this game."

"In chess, each player takes turns to make a single move. Each chess piece moves in a specific way, and must be moved according to its legal movement..." Vision began to explain.

A/N: I don't even know how to play chess, funny enough.

Y/N and Vision played a couple games after the synthezoid showed the man how to play. Unsurprisingly, Vision won both games.

Wanda walked in on the two who were just finishing the last game. "Y/N. I didn't know you were back."

"Sorry, I got caught up in...chess I guess. I'll just stick to Battleship." He replied, getting up from the sofa and going over to kiss Wanda.

"I'll make you a fine chess player in no time, sir." Vision said.

Y/N laughed, appreciating how he was willing to teach him how to play the strategic game.

Vision was a close friend of Y/N. He helped Y/N prepare for his first date with Wanda those months ago, and also being there for support when he was first experiencing his powers.

He was also close with Wanda too, and the trio formed a bond together.

Y/N turned to Wanda and held her hand, "Can we talk?"

She nodded, and Vision took that as the queue to continue his solo game of chess. The couple walked over to the kitchen.

"How's Steve?" Wanda asked.

"He's doing all right, for what's happened." Y/N answered.

"It's unfortunate. His circumstances. The love of his life passing away of old age..."

Steve was a man out of time. If he didn't get stuck in the ice, he would've married Peggy and possibly had a family with her.

But unfortunately, what had happened happened. Steve woke up still in his late 20s while Peggy was in her old age. It was only a matter of time before time caught up with her.

"Look...Nat and I spoke with him. About the accords..."

Wanda sighed and looked down, leaning against the countertop.

"I just want to know where you still stand with this." Y/N added.

"What did Rogers say?" She asked.

Y/N sighed, "He's not going to sign."

"Maybe he has a point. We can't have people controlling our every move."

"It won't be like that...or as extreme as it sounds..."

"How do you know that?"

He didn't know how to answer that. In all honesty, he didn't. But he hoped.

"I just think this will be good. Gain support back towards the Avengers." He spoke. Wanda stayed quiet as she crossed her arms and looked down.

"Wanda...I...I just want them to see you as I do. A great woman. A hero. This will be a stepping stone for that."

Wanda turned to him, "They will never stop being afraid..."

"You can't control what they fear, but you can show them who you really are."

There was silence between them for a moment, then suddenly, Rhodey entered the lounge. He saw the three and wanted to inform them on a situation.

"Something happened in Vienna. You might want to look at this."