𝓑𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓦𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓒𝓾𝓵𝓵𝓮𝓷𝓼

"Jasper needs you too, go to him"

✰✰✰

Addison Cullen sleepily jumped at the sound of her phone ringing, she had fallen into a daze-like sleep much like the human practically laying in her lap softly snoring, and Addison was glad her phone had only woken her. "Carlisle" her voice was a scratchy whisper as she tried to shake the feeling of sleep away, it had been so long since she had fallen into a daydream daze like that. "Addison...It's bad" the worry in her adoptive father's voice was enough to wake her completely up, "he's not hunting, he's not talking- not even to Alice" Addison carefully moved the human off her lap moving to stretch her bones, "but- I thought we had made progress in December...I should have visited more" she ran her hand down her face with a sigh feeling all the stress come back, everything was so so messed up. "He needs you Addison-" Carlisle paused unsure whether to tell her the rest of the news fearing that she would become even more worried, "and Alice- Alice hasn't been herself, she's different" Addison had made up her mind at the thought of the two people she loved more than life struggling.

"Alright, I'll be there as soon as I can" with her last words she hunged up running a hand through her hair. Why did Edward have to leave the human so broken? Why did she choose to become a babysitter? Why wasn't she with her family more often? Addison neatly wrote down a note on a pad of sticky notes making sure to promise the human that she would be back but before she could leave she heard a small voice, "it's about him isn't it, it's something with Jasper" Isabella's words were slurred by sleep. "Yeah, it is... but I'll be back soon, I promise" Isabella yawned snuggling further into the blanket "can you give Jasper something from me, it's in my jacket pocket" Addison didn't question the human moving towards the hoodie and reaching into the pocket, feeling a single piece of paper. She shoved the paper safely in her pocket before moving towards the human once more placing her sticky note beside her head just in case she woke up and forgot the entire conversation.

Addison gently lifted the blanket higher on the girl's body tucking her in, the sudden and maternal move made the human feel safe for the first time in forever. "I promise you, I'll be back, I'm not leaving you alone forever" Bella nodded staring at the girl through half-closed eyes "I know Addison, Jasper needs you too, go to him", Addison didn't mean to but she leaned down placing a gentle kiss on the girl's head reminding Isabella of her mother. "Sleep tight Bella". And then the vampire was gone, swallowed by the misty black smoke. 

✰✰✰