Chapter 19: it all feels complicated

I felt my body go numb and I had no tears left to give so I just stared at the wall and let my phone drop out of my hand. "Y/n everything will be fine trust me" I looked at him. "How, how do you know it's gonna be ok, you know how long it took me to get that job I literally have no chance anywhere else" I said frustrated. "I- I'm sorry" he stuttered. I ran my hands over my face and groaned in frustration.

"Don't be sorry it's not your fault, I just don't know what I'm gonna do"I said looking over at him. "I'm not sure but you always figure things out" Demetri said trying to be incur-aging. I gave him a weak smile and huffed. "So you and Yasmine?" I asked and he got all nervous. "Awe you like her" I say poking at him . "How can I not she's a total babe, I mean a female is into me y/n , me!" He said getting excited. "Well I'm happy your happy" I said smiling but if she hurts you I'll switch up real quick." I smiled showing support. "So when you asking her out" I said. "When am I supposed to?" He asked shocked and nervous.

"When ever it feels right honestly" I said pulling my knees to me . "How did Eli ask you out?" Demetri asked looking up. "Well-" I paused. "Uh good question" I then started laughing. "What's so funny?" He asked confused by my sudden burst of laughter. "I don't think he ever did we just kinda mutually agreed, yeah we are together and don't want anyone eles" I smiled. I then grabbed Demetri shoulder. " but I'm not saying to do that with Yasmine, only because I don't know her past with dating" I said and he cocked an eyebrow up. " what do you mean?" He asked.

"I mean if you don't ask her out she might think your not committed, but you also can't ask to early or she could think your obsessed" I said kinda laughing and he looked at me kinda scared . "Damn why the hell are these things so complicated" Demetri said looking away. "It can be but if Yasmine is the right person it will come easy" I smiled and he looked at me. "You think Eli is the one" he asked.

I smirked and looked down at his sweater and picked it up. "God I hope so". "Now I have to try and find a job somewhere that will take me." As I said the words left my lips an idea popped in my mind but I couldn't tell Demetri, atleast just yet.

"You'll find somewhere, hey what time is it?" He asked. I turned and moved my mouse so the screen on my computer would power up."its 7:50, only got 10 mins to scram" I joked and we both stood up. "You sure your gonna be ok?" He asked. "Yeah promise " I said in response before we shared a hug and he walked out.

I went over to my bed and face planted into my pillow if I could scream I would but that would just make nurses fly into my room which was the last thing I wanted. It wasn't even that I was opposed to being adopted, I just didn't wanna be adopted by a family who would be scared by me the first time I'm upset and send me back, and by that time I'd be to old to be in the system.

I groaned and got off my soft bed over to where my phone laid on the floor. I picked it up and searched through my contacts looking for her name, she's the only one I could ask for help and who would understand.

A smile appeared on my face when the phone stoped ringing and she spoke. "Hey y/n, everything good?" She asked. "Hey Tory" I said walking back over to my bed and sat down.

"I'd be lying if I told you everything was ok" I huffed out. "Damn, talk to me " she sounded concerned. "Well I got fired, second doesn't look like I'm gonna be adopted any time soon, and I found out the nurse who I thought I was close with really was t there for me, like at all, she was just trying to get me comfortable with the idea of leaving" I said holding back the tears. "I really thought I could trust her" I said voice breaking. "Don't cry" Tory said concerned. "I'm gonna take you on a girls day after school and I mean by me take you, you'll have to drive but I'll pay" she said cheerfully. "Tory you don't-" I started but she stoped me.

"Yeah I don't have to but bitch you happen to be the only female who's chill around here, and I don't wanna see you have to worry, I'm gonna help you get a job" I smiled ear to ear. "Tory your the best" I smiled. " Only to you, I could give less of a shit about anyone else" we both laughed and said our goodbyes.

I sat my phone down on my night stand and stood up to get dressed in my pjs for the night. I heard my phone buzzing and I rushed over to see Hawk was FaceTiming me.I got happy as he answered and he was laying in bed his hair still kinda wet and layed on his forehead.

   He was shirtless and gave me a charming smile and spoke. "Hi baby how was your day" he began to frown once he saw my face. "Your face is puffy why are you crying baby" he said in his rare nurturing voice. "I -it's complicated, life is , I can get adopted but no one wants me, I just lost my job, and mrs. Amber's, she only thought of me as another messed up patient" I said teary.

  "Y/n, baby, I'm so sorry, I know I'm meant to come tomorrow  but do you need me tonight?" He asked sitting up as if he was ready to leave at that second. "I wish, but the the sprinklers are on tonight along with everyone staying extra late to look over kids paperwork, they are trying to find a different kid for the family who came from china." He looked kinda sad but nodded. "It sucks aaa but listen get dressed in my hoodie spray my  Cologne and I'm going to stay on call with you all night, so that you know I'm here if you have bad dreams, I know you get them more when your stressed." I smiled and nodded. I put my phone down and did what he said.

  "I'm exhausted and I have a headache" I groaned crawling back in bed. "It's from crying hun, just law down and relax I'm right here" he smiled as he propped up his phone and turned on his side. He snuggled into his blanket and I did the same as him. "I love you what  would I do without you" I smiled as I sprayed the sent of him. "I don't wanna think of a world where your not mine, and I love you too now please gets some rest" he smiled again pushing his hair out of his face and rested his head back on the pillow.

   I closed my eyes and felt myself drifting when I heard a whispered from my phone, but I kept my eyes closed. "Real question is what would j in do without you, goodnight baby" and just like that I drifted peacefully asleep.

A/N: I AN SO FLIPPING SORRY, I've been stressed out with my new job and handling school plus trying to do stuff around the house it's terrible I barely have time to breath anymore but I'm trying so hard please don't forget about this book I haven't and  I'm excited to continue it:) , and I have a few more in the works as well...... love yall❤️