[3] To Perceive

*vrrt vrrt*

Opening it, you saw from the lockscreen an all-familiar background and very old notifications.

You squinted your eyes, as you stared at the screen, disbelief yet relief flooding your shoulders. You almost began shaking from happiness.

'That... That actually worked! Holy frick!' you exclaim in your head.

"What is this object? Did I happen to ressurrect it?" Lisa says worriedly whilst looking at it. "It made a strange sound... (Y/n), what exactly is this?"

"It's a... black rectangle." Paimon tilted her head in confusion.

".. And a cellphone!" You reply with glee. You glance down at the phone. "I was gifted this phone from another world and decided to keep it. They said something about having knowledge providing a variety of global information. So, I thought I might need it!"

As soon as your finger touch the surface of the lit screen, it scrolled down to show your other apps. You showed them the camera feature in selfie mode - Your companions let out a small gasp of amazement.

"It's just like those new 'Kamera's' from Liyue but more advanced..!" Lisa utters in disbelief.

Paimon chimes in with wide eyes. "Wait, wait... Paimon doesn't get it, You can get so much information with just that rectangle?"

You nod. "Yep, you can go to the world wide web."

" 'Worldwide'..?" Lisa whispers as she placed her finger under her chin. "So, you can gain much information there from any part of the world with a simple touch?"

You excitedly nod. Swiping your phone screen, you pressed a funny video that you happen to download on TerraTube and it started playing - much to your friends astonishment.

"When was this documented..?" Lisa rose a brow.

"You can say your thoughts on the internet too - just keep it under 4000 characters." You sweat at the last part. "Here, let me show you some of my accounts."

As you click some buttons and scroll through your phone, your companions raised a couple questions that were easily answered. After getting over the initial shock, you eventually realize something important.

'In this high fantasy world, I can just search up what it's all about!'

Your face flushed and you smiled with joy - you will finally be able to remember! Through all those struggles, you can exactly pinpoint what will happen next.

You swiftly search for answers before a chill went up your spine.

There was no internet in this world.

If the empty internet bar wasn't an obvious indication of lack of internet, then common sense definitely was. Of course, internet wouldn't exist in such a high fantasy world.

Breathing deeply, you unconsciously clench your phone. An overwhelming feeling crashed into you as you soon realized your next predicament.

"(Y/n)..? Are you alright there? You're a bit... quiet there." Paimon's voice brings you back down to Teyvat. "Almost like a statue!"

"Yeah, I've never seen someone transition from exhilaration to sadness that fast." Lisa comments.

Glancing at your companions and back to your phone, you shake your head and reassure them.

"I'm alright. Just feeling let down." you retain your trembling lip. "Lisa, Paimon, please keep this phone incident between us. Vow to never mention this to a single soul."