Goodnight | Jean x Reader

Prompt- You overhear a conversation of Jeans

"I know right! How can you stand her Jean? Every time she's with you she's always hanging all over you and touching you. Doesn't it get annoying?"

"Yeah it definitely is but I don't wanna hurt her feelings man." Jean said, his voice exhausted.

"I know what you mean, she j-"

You didn't listen any longer, pulling your ear away from the door and slowly walking down the hallway and towards your room.

You tried not to think about anything until you closed your door, throwing yourself on your bed and letting the thoughts and tears flow.

You were often holding onto him somehow but it's was just how you showed your love. Physical affection was how you displayed your love and intimacy to him in the best way you knew how.

You did your best to not go overboard infront of others, only holding his hand or light touches and sometimes hugging him while keeping the true tenderness and closeness for in private. Although, apparently you didn't hold back enough. Jean had secretly despised your actions and now you couldn't help but feel guilty.

He shouldn't have to suffer, he should've told you but instead he didn't. You had secretly tortured him, that of which was never your intent.

You were kind of glad that you overheard the situation, now you would make sure to keep Jean comfortable by stopping the intrusive actions. That meant no more hand holding, no more touches, and definitely no more hugs.

You vowed to make Jean as at-ease as possible from then on, never initiating contact.

The vow was on your mind from then on, especially when you went to breakfast and knew you would see Jean. You got your food and sat down next to him, not talking and instead eating your food.

Jeans POV

Something was off. I could feel it. Something was missing. I did my best to ignore it and continue eating, finishing the meal but still feeling that unease. The rest of the day was like this, something feeling absent but unable to put my finger on what it was exactly.

Finally that night just before going to bed I remembered, I didn't get my good morning or good night hug and kiss from Y/n. I brushed it off, promising to get them tomorrow.

Regular POV

He didn't get them tomorrow either. You hadn't hugged or kissed him, never reaching for his hand or anything of the sort. Jean was worried. Perhaps maybe you were going though something and didn't want to be touched. Jean knew emotions were complicated so that wasn't much of a stretch. Still, Jean respected you and didn't ask, preferring to let you work it out on your own.

Weeks had passed and like the physical touch, emotional contact had disappeared too. You didn't talk to him much, and when you did it was short responses or shrugs to get your point across. Jean was becoming extremely worried. He decided to confront you that night, knocking on your door and asking you to let him in for a talk.

He stood inside your room uncomfortably. It seemed colder, not as personalized as it once was.

"Listen I tried to give you space but now i'm worried." He said, talking through the door when you didn't answer. "I know your in there just tell me what's wrong. I'm not su-"

He was cut off to you opening the door a crack.

"Go to your room Jean."

"No, just tell me what's wr-"

"What's wrong? What wrong is that this isn't working."

"What are you saying." he panicked.

"I'm saying that it's over, goodnight." you said, slamming the door closed before he could get a word in.

"No, Y/n please, let's talk about this. Whatever isn't working i'm sure we can work though it."

"I heard you." your voice came through the door.

"What?" He was confused.

"A few weeks ago with a friend." you elaborated lightly.

He thought back to the conversation, trying but failing to remember.

"Y/n what conversation?"

"I annoy you."

The pieces flew together and suddenly Jean knew what you were referring to.

"No Y/n I didn't mean it. I swear. I'm sorry. Please liste-"

"Goodnight Jean."

"Please don't make me leave." he quietly pleaded.

"Goodnight."

"Y/n please, talk to me. I didn't mean it."

"Then why say it?"

"Y/n-"

"Leave. Goodnight- for the last time."

Jean slumped, dragging his feet away from your door and to his own. He was heartbroken. He lied to his friend, he wanted to seem cool and look where it had gotten him.

He missed you, never getting into a relationship in the hopes that you would come back to him. You never did though, the two of you dying alone on the same day decades later. People said it was from a broken heart, the divided lovers hearts' not being able to go any longer and giving up together.

a/n- um ANGST ig lol, i'm sorry it's not that long it's just i have a bunch of work to catch-up on and so my usual writing time has to be shifted around some

fun fact- this is based of a tik-tok i saw and i made it more aubrey-fied for your enjoyment lol

what's your mood right now?
[i'm scared to see how much i have to catch-up on]

i hope your doing okay. i love you so much. don't forget that<3