six

"No, you have to hurry so the chocolate will melt too!" I laughed at the boy staring at his marshmallow on a skewer.

"What if I just let the whole thing catch on fire? It'll melt then, right?" Press smiled as he put the marshmallow back into the fire.

"Yeah, go ahead and try that," I smiled as I drank from my red cup.

Press wasn't a really open person, but beer changed that a lot.

"I'll be back," I put my cup next to Press before walking away.

I walked toward the bathroom, past a small group of people. 

Thankfully, there was no line.  I walked in used the bathroom. After washing my hands, I made my way out of the bathroom and toward the kitchen.

"Aylin, I wasn't expecting to see you here," Marcus smirked as he drank a Capri Sun.

"Sure you weren't.  Where are the Capri Suns?"

"Follow me," he smiled widely before walking off.

Marcus was kind of known for his great lying skills, but I had been friends with him for years, I knew when he was lying.  He was definitely lying right now, but I followed him anyway.

He made his way down the hall toward the bedrooms.  We passed the restroom and he walks into the master bedroom like it was his own.

"Odd place to keep Capri Suns, don't you think?" I asked him as he held the door open for me.

"No yeah, definitely.  I was surprised when I found them too.   How greedy of them to hide them in their room!" he shut the door behind me.

I crossed my arms as I smirked at him, waiting for him to admit that he lied.

Instead of doing that, he threw himself on the queen size bed and lay down. He folded his arms behind his head, waiting for me to join him.

I do, but not to lie down.  I sit on the other half, facing him.

"Got any confessions, Marcus?"

"The Capri Suns are gone.  I drank all of them.  I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for it to end this way," he frowned, feigning sadness.  

"You're lucky I knew you were lying," I gave in and lay down next to him, keeping my hands on my chest. 

I stared at the ceiling fan in silence.  Marcus stood still for a few seconds before I heard him moving around. I looked at him, only to see that he had turned to his side and was now facing me. 

Following his lead, I turn my whole body so that we were facing each other.  We managed to keep eye contact for a few seconds without saying anything.  And then he ruined it by talking,

"I'm sorry.  For everything."

"I thought that me actually talking to you was a sign that I halfway forgave you.  Stop apologizing," I said, confused as to why he still thought about everything.

He only nodded before staying quiet for a few more minutes.  He kept eye contact with me for a while before he looked away.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I sat up.

"I just missed you, nothing's wrong," he smiled and sat up, scooting a little closer to me.

He had this look in his eyes.  One that I had only seen once before.  Lust.  And to be honest, I'm sure he could see the same thing in mine.

We sat across from each other and Marcus continued leaning closer to me, one hand on my thigh.  His lips neared mine, but instead of connecting them, he gently pushed me down so I lay where I was before.  

Without breaking eye contact, he crawls to hover over me. His hands were on either side of my head and his knees beside my thighs.   We stared at each other as our breaths began to grow heavier. 

And then he did it.  He leaned in.  Not to kiss my mouth though.  Marcus went straight for my neck.  

"I really did miss you," he said between kisses, "So much."

"Marcus," I let out a breathy whisper.

"You should stop hanging out with all those guys," he said as he continued to kiss me.  His tone didn't change.  

Confused, I sat up.  With this movement, he stopped what he was doing.  He moved beside me, giving a confused look.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"No, Marcus.  Everything you said was great and I loved hearing that while you were giving me hickeys," I said sarcastically and raised my voice a little.

His expression still did not change.  He was still confused.

"You should stop hanging out with all those guys," I repeated his earlier statement and added my comment, "Who are you?  My owner? And why did you bring that up now?"

"What? I just want you to myself," he defended himself.

"Are you really that insecure?  You don't want me to have friends because you think I'll sleep with them?"

His confused expression was now long gone.  

"So there's nothing going on with you and Press?" he asked as if that would prove his point.

"Even if there was it's none of your business because you're not my boyfriend."

I got out of the bed and made my way to the door.  

"We're not done talking, Aylin," he followed behind me.

Instead of resolving the issue that he started, I thought I would take matters into my own hands.  Would this probably worsen the whole thing?  Yes.  Did I care? Not at all.

I walked to the backyard, where Press was still struggling to make s'mores.  He looked up and smiled at me.

"I made like three good ones," he laughed as he held up his melting marshmallow. 

I grabbed his hand to help him stand up and put the marshmallow in the fire.   He looked confused as to why I did that as he stood there.  I took a deep breath before kissing him for a few seconds.  He didn't hesitate at all to kiss me back, though I felt really bad anyway.

"Woah," he said softly once I broke the kiss.

"Sorry," I apologized as I realized how wrong that was.

"I don't mind, I mean, we could do it more often if you want," he smirked.

"Oh, I, uh, I forgot my drink!" I said nervously as an excuse to leave.

I turned around to see Marcus standing in the doorway, staring angrily at me.

"Whoops, maybe you were right! Sorry, Marcus," I frowned and walked past him. 

"That was really mature, Aylin, good going!" He shouted from behind me. 

I walked outside toward my car, only to look back and see Marcus following me.  I ignored him as I unlocked my car.

"Really? That's it?" He asked as he stood in front of my car.

"Yeah.  That's it.  Talk to me when you get over your issues."

I got into my car and started the ignition.  As I put it into drive, Marcus continued.

"To be fair, you did make out with Press!" he shouted as I drove away.

How could I let him just crawl back into my life?  I was so close.